I'm Fed Up and Freaking Nervous.

I can barely deal with the group I'm in for my acting class. I mean that sincerely.

We have a poetry project where we're supposed to create a dynamic vocalscape.

One member doesn't want to do anything 'too complicated' which means she only wants really simple stuff.

One member can't shut up about how he doesn't have cable(first world problems) and then goes on and on about how he came up with the idea to do a melody with one of the poems were working on... When he didn't. I did. He just changed the fucking song that we got the melody from. I legit want to bash my head against a wall every time he opens his mouth.

Then there's Elias. The only real bright spot. He has a frame of reference from a ton of stage experience and I can actually talk to him and have him understand what I'm saying. I also happen to think he's freaking gorgeous and unbelievably talented. Call me biased. But he's been the one putting in some of the more dynamic ideas and really trying to create what we're supposed to. Even though I still think it was stupid for him to support the melody change. (eye-roll)

I honestly think I got the short end of the stick because the two problematic people in my group have no work ethic and Elias and I have a great work ethic. The problem people don't even want to memorize the poems or biographies of the authors that need to be incorporated.

Is it bad that I really don't want to work with this group again? I mean honestly, it's not a hard project.

OH and the funniest thing about it? We're the group that's farthest in preparation. Sad.

I can't wait for next Thursday. That's when we present, of course it was originally slated for Tuesday, but our professor had to move it. Now we've lost a day for scenework, which is our final project for the semester and we still have sonnets to cover.

I'm just unbelievably nervous about this presentation because I don't believe in the work. I'm actually pretty unhappy with it. It's boring. The song is probably my biggest point of contention. We're doing this poem by splitting up the stanzas between pairs and doing each stanza in a round to the tune of Sweet Dreams. It's so boring. There is so much more we could do to it, but then it gets too complicated. The woman won't do anything beyond what's set and she wants to use the mics. Except we have four people and only three mics. Elias and other boy are too different in height to share, and me and this woman are a pair and around the same height. Sharing the mic is not an option in my mind, because we have to sing at the same time and if you're even barely off center with the mic, it refuses to really pick your voice up. And we can't take the mics off the stands. Wonderful, right?

Anyway, on to a happier note, I finally submitted my audition video for the X-Factor. It's not likely I'll be picked, but hey, I tried. That's what counts. :) And I'm honestly just proud of myself for getting myself out there and not just sitting scared.

Sorry for the rant, it's been a long day and a lot of it has been because of that stupid group. :/ Anyway, I have three updates coming tomorrow and Saturday, maybe two more by Sunday.

Feel free to drop a comment.

Peace and Love.
XOXO
March 29th, 2013 at 04:31am