How I'm seen

Been awhile since i blogged but I've been having this thought in my mind for some time now and it's bother me a lot. So here it goes.

Okay you know that you changed over time, right? Most of the time people like your friends and family will notice and see that you are learning to grow up and be a mature human being with a personality I might add. But... Not in my little world.
I always trying to figure out why my family treats me so differently than my friends do. What i mean by that is that, With my friends i am myself and i feel as though i am a person but with my family it is a totally different story. Yes they know i am an adult and tell me to be careful but they treat me as though i couldn't handle anything a normal person can. I've wonder that for a very VERY long time. Then one night while me and one of my closes friends help my sister babysit the kids, she was bringing us back to my house and we were talking about how we were nice and mature we were to help. That's when my sister said. "Desiree has a little trouble maturing, because she has Asperger."

If you don't know what that is here is a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

So anyway when she said that, it hit me. No wonder I was being treated so differently for the longest time because they still think that I'm that poor disable child in the past. Hurts to know that my family is barely giving a chance at times because of that. Sorry I'm not perfect! Isn't nice to know that your family still see you as a disable little girl while you are trying to be an adult like them?
March 30th, 2013 at 02:47pm