The reasons behind my semi-hiatus.

Hey everyone, Chazly here, and I am here to tell you why I am a sucky human being and going to ... well... take a very long break from fanfic writing for a while.
I know that I am not the biggest of fanfiction writers, the most readers I have ever gotten from a fanfic was Infidelity, and that wasn't a fanfiction I was working my arse off to make perfect. But I love writing, which is why I have been writing since I was eight years old, and making short stories to pass my time for the past nearly 9 years now.
But that isn't quenching my thirst for writing anymore, writing fanfiction is very narrow minded as a community. People can update a five hundred word chapter with very minimal contribution of literature, and get hundreds of views in a matter of hours. Meanwhile, and this is the part I find unfair and not just on my part. There are many writers on here who do not get enough credit, writers who write 7,000 word chapters with so much detail, and thrills that contribute to literature so fantastically and do not get hundreds of readers in a month, let alone a few hours.
People seem to be forgetting, there is effort, and then there is "Hey I am just going to write a blurbs worth of story today, and I KNOW I WILL GET THIS MANY VIEWS BECAUSE #YOLO!"
And I am sick of it.
The thirst I have for writing goes into the fanfictions I write. Kings of the three Kingdoms, wow, I was so excited about updating that fanfic, making that the best it could be. And yet, it hasn't gotten any views at all, and not the amount of love and affection I wanted it to get. Why? No offence, I think it is a good fanfiction, sure, it doesn't have sex in the first chapter. It doesn't show the band members straight away, but isn't that just building suspense and anticipation?
These days, people are just looking for something to fap too, and it is getting annoying.
And this brings me to why I am semi-quitting, writing fanfiction from now on. I am co-writing a fanfiction at this moment, and yeah it is okay I guess. I am not into writing smut, slash and so on. I like making the relationship seem realistic and fun, rather than just "FUCK ME WITH YOUR HARD COCK." So apart from that fanfiction, I am quitting in writing fanfiction because mibba is annoying with me. People on here aren't here for Quality anymore, and it is getting to upsetting for writers like me who work hard and do not get praised for it anymore.
So when I finish this fanfiction with this group of girls, I am quitting. I am just going to read some selected writers fanfictions, and nothing else. No more. Unless I really feel like doing it. I am deleting my fanfictions as soon as I am able, I will slowly start again. But I am not going to promise you. There is little chance of me coming back for good.
I am sorry that this is all mumbled, it is getting late and I am running on 2 hours sleep because of homework.
Thank you to the friends I have made on Mibba, like Brian Haner Jr, who I love dearly and should be the one who gets all the credit. Long live queen of Bratt.

Peace out. Chazly. xxx
March 30th, 2013 at 11:21pm