When You Were A Bad Writer

Image

So, I--like many of us here--used to be a member of the site called Quizilla. There, I posted what I thought to be amazing Harry Potter fanfiction. All of my friends loved it, and my fame skyrocketed on that site. I got like, 500 viewers within 15 minutes of posting a chapter. I was on it. I was like, "BITCHIN! I'm kickin' fanfiction's dumb cliched ASS!"

So then I switched to Mibba and only brought my Jacob Black story, which had also gotten quite popular. Recently, I got curious and went back to look at my stories, cuz I was like, "Gee. I wonder whatever happened with that. Lemme go take a little looksee!"

OH. MY FUCKING. GOD.

What in the actual fuck?

For starters, the whole damn thing was in second person.

WHAT???

Why--what--how was this utter crap even acceptable? It was this big long ramble that centered around a total Mary Sue, complete with Harry Potter, Cedric Diggory, and just for good measure, Joe Jonas and Taylor Latuner. Literally, one of the plot points was for her to kiss all four boys in one night, and then still end up off the hook. How in the hell...?

I was just at a loss for words. The main thing that confused me about all of this was this:

WHY DID PEOPLE LIKE IT?

I mean, you have to think about the process that went into all this happening. I wrote the chapter; proofread the entire thing; then nodded to myself and said, "Oh yes. This is solid. This is good writing. I shall post this now. *click*"

And then I did.

Like, I remember reading it before I posted, and just thinking to myself, "Man. I am the shit. Got my second person vowels! Got my multiple underscores in a line where people can 'insert name here -->' _________! (The character didn't even have a fucking name, guys. It was just a blank space.)" AND YET! Bitches thought I was the shit too, so I jus kept on keepin' on.

Now that I think about it, they were enablers! They allowed this thoroughly inappropriate and ridiculous behavior to continue. Ugh. People man. QUIZILLA, man! That's what it was; it was Quizilla.

Anyways. I just...man. Can't even. Lol. Do you guys ever feel like that? Like, you look back on your old work and just are so confused as to what was even going on in your head?
March 31st, 2013 at 07:08am