Your Skin is a Map That Needs no More Highways.

I think that life is an adventure and every so often a spark of change needs to happen and we need something to inspire the fire in our chests so that we burn brighter than the sun and our adventure doesn't end until we need it to.
And maybe our fire or our adventure doesn't have a point but we're here and we're living and we're specks of dust and nothing else matters.
Because specks of dust can dance and we can dance and amongst the horrible things, that might be the only thing we can do.
Is dance.
And maybe our voices are small, maybe they're smaller than the specks we are but in comparison to the words we speak, it does not matter how small our voices are
Our words are huge. They are monumental.
We’re alive, do you know how amazing that is?
It feels like art.
It feels like coming home.
I’m listening to the rain, and the voices on the TV and I’m talking to you who has inspired so much hope in my little twisted self
I feel hope.
And hope feels like coming home.
Save this, you need it more than me. Print it on your walls, write it across your roof so it is the first thing you see in the morning.
Carve it into the walls of your body, on your heart and on your smaller organs - your glands, your tonsils, so it is always at the back of your throat. Burn it into the curves of your brain so that you can keep it and see it when everything is dark.
They’ve put people in space, we've walked on the surfaces of planets we might not know about if it wasn't for our eyes and nothing is impossible.
You’re going to change the alignment of the stars and you're going to change minds and hearts and the world that they all fit into.
Things need to be said and they need to be said beautifully and I feel like language is a gateway and I want to open it. The rain and the storm is beautiful but the sun is even more beautiful despite how much we enjoy the destruction.
Count every breath, every heartbeat. Feel every breeze, every particle that suggests life blow against your skin and feel yourself outgrow your shell. Feel fragile and breakable and realise how vulnerable your life is and hold it in your hands and breathe it in and out. Inhale. Stand on the edge of life and death, the fragile and often forgotten in between of hope and hopelessness and see that we are so easily broken, but broken things can be fixed with a bandaid and a kiss to the forehead, a mother's loving touch and some reheated chicken soup, we are all going to be okay. We can survive because we know that disaster is always just around the corner and we are not naive to the fear that must always course through our veins in order for us to feel.

You are beautiful and you are special and there's no one else like you
And there's something about you
That just makes me fall in love with the way you blink and the way your heart beats for everyone else
I love your small things
But in addition to my heart, I give you ever word being typed from the tips of my fingers and hope that maybe one day I can thank you enough.
And maybe one day these words will be written in the sky beside the stars and the moon and they'll only ever hope to be as beautiful as you.
They envy you, the colour of your eyes and the curve of your lips as you smile and inhale the world.
It feels like we may be separated by oceans, by raging fires and highways but we're so much closer than anyone could ever hope to be.
Star crossed and starry eyed, we'll be best friends and I’ll forever cherish every inch of you.
I love you.
All of you.
I love every flaw that I am blind to, but you can so easily pick out.
and I love that you can pick them out, because if you couldn't, you'd hear my words too easily and become egotistical and your head would get too big and you'd fly away and you wouldn't be mine anymore but you'd belong to the clouds
And I fear you'd become a bird and fly in groups and I would be alone.
Loving you any less would cause me to die
You are my lifeline.

This feels unfinished but I lack the words that will bring it to a proper close so I will end it with a goodbye and hope that it will suffice, for now at least.
March 31st, 2013 at 10:07am