Achieving Perfection

What is perfection?

Perfection is an ideal of something or someone, to have no flaws, like a paradise or an angel.

However, perfection is a HUMAN ideal, and all humans are different with different ideals and opinions, and this includes what the thought of "perfection" is. Most of all, humans are FLAWED, why do you think so many of us are dying young, or hurt and/or kill others?

So if perfect isn't real, why do you strive for it?

We strive for it because we want acceptance, whether it be from family, friends, celebrities or strangers. It's a need to be liked, and loved. It's instinctual.

But let me ask you something, if you were "perfect" in your mother's eyes, would you be accepted by your friends? Or if you were "perfect" in your friend's eyes, would your idols accept you?

Sometimes, you will disappoint others because you're not what they want to be, it's unavoidable and a fact of life. I don't like it, but that's reality, and reality (and life in general), is a bitch.

I personally always considered perfection boring; perfection means to have no flaws, and if you don't have flaws and are always considered "good" then no-one appreciates the good because it's always "good". You have flaws, or are "bad" so people can appreciate the good in you, it's the balance in life, like the seasons, or a set of weighing scales.

If someone can't appreciate your qualities, then leave them alone, and get on with life. They are just a few people who you'll never see, or talk to again if you so desire it, and in the end, what does the opinion of a critic matter when you have good friends and/or family around who appreciate you despite your flaws?

Nothing.

So keep that in mind, and remember that there's always someone out there who will appreciate you, if you just look for them.
March 31st, 2013 at 08:05pm