The Walking Dead Finale...erm...?

Erm...

Exactly how I felt at the end of the episode.
Don't get me wrong part of the episodes I love but.... well, I was personally expecting.

- Trap on Prison ( done)
- Governor to freak and return
-Cue big battle, people turn on Governor / he kills his own
-Rick, Daryl or Carl kill Governor.

And from Laurie Holden's interview, I, and I know a lot of people, were expecting several prison camp deaths,
Me and my friends even made bets, - Hershel, Judith, Maggie. (This was painful - Hershel is my spirit animal)

So, basically I was expecting, the way the tension has been building up, for some massive fight and a the 'conclusion' to the Governor we were promised by the writers.

Don't get me wrong I love the Governor, he was my favourite part of the episode, he's completely lost it, Woodbury means nothing to him now his whole mind is set firmly on the prison - and him taking out his own people was a good call, really showed his lack of any emotion whatsoever.
And Martinez with the grenade launcher... I love me some Martinez.

Also, I am glad in a way that no-one from the prison camp died, cause obviously these are the characters we care for, but at the same time it felt a bit stale, with not a lot happening, except from Carl FINALLY calling Rick out for letting the Governor escape and admitting Dale's death was his fault (damn right you little shit)

_____________________

Andrea's death - I've been wanting this all series, the writers have ruined her character and made it pathetic and REALLY stupid, so she had to go.
But still, I was more upset with Milton dying, he had a cause, he actually HELPED the prison camp and died trying to do what she couldnt.
Now, I'm glad she got to shoot herself, since it links well to her wanting to commit suicide in the CDC, but... I didn't feel anything, I was just like... oh right.

Tyreese and Sasha - She pulls hilarious faces I've realised. I'm glad they stopped buying his shit and wanted to go, but I imagined them being more involved with the fight, going to the prison and turning against the Governor ( linking to Tyreese's death in the comics) And once they were staying in the program I assumed they were going to set up their own kind of defense against the Governor, or run sooner.

Carl - I like Carl this series, he's actually doing stuff and not getting my favourite characters killed. And I like that they're keeping with the comics in turn of 'darker' Carl, which would happen after everything he's been through and I hope they continue it!

Daryl - Should of been more Merle I think, I get he's closed off, and Normal Reedus is stupendous but I feel his anger for Merle's death was lacking, and he should have had a more significant role in the trap in the prison.
Ideally I want Daryl to kill the Governor.

The end - No. I'm sorry... but no. This is no conclusion and WHY rather than take over Woodbury (which is far nicer and better protected) would you bring the people back to the prison with the lovely walker garden entry...No.
There was no conclusion and yet no cliffhanger.

Fuck knows where the Governor went with Martinez and the other guy, for a nice drive?
I'm hoping there's some raider group or something, so he can gain more men and attack again.

I feel deprived of my prison brawl!

This is far longer than I was expecting aha.

How did anyone else feel about the finale? Disappointed or did you like it?
April 1st, 2013 at 12:49pm