So, I had one of the best weekends ever.

Two weekends ago, while I was still away from this site, something pretty awesome occurred.
Now, before I continue, let me just say I never win things, ever. Not a school raffle, not a silly toy from back in the elementary school days, and definitely not a radio contest. But, somehow, the odds were finally in my favor.
I had won my local radio station's contest.
The prize? Lunch with Ed Sheeran.
Anyone that knows me knows that I am absolutely obsessed with this man. I mean, if you haven't heard his music yet, you're honestly living under a rock and must join us under his beautiful rays of sunshine.
The prize was given to 9 other people, including a plus 1 for each winner. You'd get to have a "meet and greet" style photograph with him, listen in on the radio's interview, and have a quick fan-driven Q&A.
Let me tell you, I had received the call from the radio station at about 9:30 in the morning the day of the lunch. I'm pretty sure I woke my little brother up yelling in excitement.
You guys can see the photo with Ed on my photos page. But yeah... It was great, and I hugged him and thanked him for sharing his talent.
Can I also add that this kid is so hilariously awkward that he puts my awkwardness to shame? Like dang. He was so funny, so down to earth, and just... himself.
That was March 22nd.

The next day, it was time for me to drive down to Columbia, SC, to see Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran live and in concert. My seats were pretty close, not gonna lie! They weren't floor seats (I'm trying to buy floor seats for Greensboro, when she's back in September), but they were damn good seats. I'll probably post those later, as well.
It was honestly one of the best concerts I've ever been to, ever. And I go to a lot of concerts.
Anyone that says Taylor can't hold a note, doesn't have what it takes to stay in this business, or say this girl isn't talented is sadly mistaken.
The Red Tour is spectacular: A Taylor Swift extravaganza that only got better and better as the night went on. And, when it was all over, you longed for it to continue. It was where Swift fans of all ages joined together, and I felt so comfortable dancing and singing along that I forgot I wasn't having my regular T. Swift dance party in my room. I was having a huge dance party with Taylor Swift herself, as well as like thousands of other people in this sold out show.
Honestly, I was so happy that night. There were some songs, that of course, I could relate to, and that made me tear up a little. But gosh... I just want to go back.

I apologize for the super long blog entry, but I just needed to fangirl for a moment, and this is a place where obviously that's not frowned upon. I hope all of you are well!
If you have any questions about the concert (I received a lot, especially on Tumblr), feel free to ask. Or, if you just care to strike up a conversation, I like talking!
x - Jazmyne
April 3rd, 2013 at 08:54pm