My Interview With ''Asteria'' and ''SweetCyanide93''

Hello everyone. :D

I decided to interview my favourite authors from this site and the first great author I found here was Asteria. Her writings are amazing and took my breath away. And seriously, Im not kidding guys. :)

So here we go! XD

01. Would you tell us your full name?

My name is Jessica Bailey.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I have been on Mibba for a little over two years now

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Before I moved to Mibba I originally posted on Quizilla, starting off mostly with fanfiction until I decided to experiment with original fiction and by that time Quizilla had been bought by Nickelodeon and became more of a PG-13 site. For that reason I moved to Mibba for more freedom and recently I have began posting on Wattpad where I am currently experimenting with the new edited version of APOI.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I have been writing all my life, my mind never shuts up with ideas and thoughts. The strangest things inspires me. When I was a kid I once thought of becoming a director but as I grew older and continued to write I found my passion resided purely in the imagination of words and the mind rather than a screen.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

My stories are paranormal adult romances that I try to make characters as realistic and believable as possible along with attempting to providing new and exciting twists. They are adult in both violence and eroticism or smut if you prefer to call it. Filled with mythology, romance, drama, action and a bit of comedy as well as historical settings.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Funnily enough each story starts off with a dream I have and then various other things come into my train of thought that later produces an idea for a story.

For example A Parade of Intoxication started off with a dream inspired by Beltane and then I wondered why there weren’t any stories about vampires and witches as a couple? So I start going on a train of thought brainstorming with all sorts of things eventually giving life to the idea that maybe I should write it down.

Ravaged with Silver Scars started the same way, inspired by a dream of what it would be like to finally reunite with your lover that had all odds staked against you both constantly ripping you two apart. And I knew that I wanted to explore that but I also wanted to try a totally new perspective for a sequel to APOI so I decided to take a look at a human and a werewolf coupling.

Other stories I have planned are just the same including the next two sequels where I will hint that that one is inspired by my obsession with Jack the Ripper and the other on Swan Lake, one of my favourite childhood stories.

My mind can be inspired by the craziest things even just by looking a colour or a painting, history even, but I also look at other people’s works and wonder to myself “did I see that coming?” or “what would happen if X and Y were together?” or “what would the result be like if this happened instead?”

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Oh dear that’s a toughie because I love them all, haha. I think the female leads I relate to the most, but I try to put myself in all my character’s shoes and try to see from their perspective of things and how they would feel and how would I feel if I were in their position. So, I can’t say I have any favourites but I can say I relate a lot more to the personalities and situations the female leads are in more.

08. How often do you update?

I try to update as often as I can. I am a full time university student and with other commitments like family and trying to have a social life but I try as often as I can providing a writers block doesn’t screw me over!

09. Any words for your readers?

THANK YOU! I love you all! I hope I can continue to make new and exciting stories for you all to enjoy! Thank you for your support!!!!!

10. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Gena Showalter is my hero in writing, her Lords of the Underworld I can’t get enough of. I also enjoy Sherrilyn Kenyon with her dark-hunter series, Lara Adrian’s Midnight Breed, Christine Feehan’s Carpathian, Anya Bast’s Elemental Witches, Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark, and Cheyenne McCray’s Forbidden Magic. I have more but I am always on the lookout for more fantastic authors.

I also read manga and I find the works of CLAMP, Mitsuki Kako, Ohmi Tomu, Kamijyo Akimine, Fujiwara Hiro, Tooyama Ema, Nakamura Shungiku, Miyasaka Kaho, Shinjo Mayu, Aikawa Saki, Peach pit, and so many more I could go on for years, hehe.

And that's the end of the first interview.

Thank you so much for your time Asteria. It was fun interviewing you and learning things about one of my favourite authors. Have fun reading Asteria's stories. :)

On to the next interview for the day with SweetCyanide93. I adore everything she writes. You have to read them, minna-san.

01. Would you tell us your full name?

My name is Samantha Leigh Arzola, but my friends call me Sam. A few even call me Sammy :)

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Oh gosh, um…. I would have to say since 2007. Wow I guess it’s been a long time then.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I just recently been posting on a site called Wattpad, but’s it only two stories that I don’t have on here. I’m kind of just testing the waters on that site, you know? I still come here most of the time since I started on here. Though if anyone is on Wattpad and want to find me I’m SweetCyanide93.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Believe it or not I started writing when I was ten years old. My family once drove down to Texas and when I was getting annoying my dad gave me a yellow pad so I could entertain myself with. I started writing a little story about a prince looking for his princess throughout a long journey in some made up world with candy soldiers. Sadly I didn’t finish it, somewhere along the road trip I left my notepad at a restaurant we stopped in. After that I didn’t start writing again till I was thirteen.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Gah! Well I have a lot of them on here so I’ll just pick a few. One of my favorites has to be N.E;R.D. by Day, ‘N.E;R.D.’ stands for ‘Nighttime Entertainer; Real Dork.’ This story follows a young girl named Cassandra Flemming that is label the nerd and poor girl of her high school. She is constantly bullied by a jock named Kelvin Winston whose parents happen to be friends with Cassie’s parents. Due to financial reasons Cassie secretly works at a strip club, but her secret suddenly becomes hard to keep when she is forced to move into Kelvin’s home.

Another story I love is ‘Floating & Drowning’ formally known as ‘Don’t Fix Me.’ In this one I write about a girl named Sidney Nelson who is not only bullied in school, but her brother basically refuses to acknowledge her existence. Tired of being isolated and terrorized by the pain of a broken heart she attempts suicide, but then the unbelievable happens. Her brother saves her. Now everyone is looking at her differently, especially her brother’s friend Mack as he reads her diary.

The Devil’s Chivalry is one of my most intricate plots I’m working on. It involves a rich daughter named Veronica Woolgar who was literally burned by her sister to become the heir to the family. So when her sister becomes the new favorite the whole family turns their back on Veronica leaving her to fend for herself. She then devises a plan to exposes her family’s secrets to the public, but the one thing she doesn’t plan is meeting a guy named Jude. (I’m actually planning to pick this story up again)

06. What inspired you to write each story?

I was listening to ‘Hey Big Spender,’ when the idea of N.E;R.D by Day came to me. It was so weird at first and I just started playing around with the idea for a while before I actually posted. When I first posted N.E;R.D. By Day there weren’t any stripper stories on mibba so it was kind of nice to be different in that aspect. When it comes to Floating & Drowning I had been dealing with some issues of my own and so I kind of just started jotting down some of my thoughts. Granted I don’t have a bunch of guys like Sidney does, but I can say some of her darker feelings come from real life experiences. As for, ‘The Devil’s Chivalry,’ what inspired me was my mom’s Spanish novellas. There is always some backstabbing within the family in those shows so I decided to take what is a normal concept of a family (Loving parents, caring grandmother, etc..) and flip it.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Besides the main characters? I’d have to say I love Cassie’s brothers’ Brice and Joey from N.E;R.D. They are the older over protective brothers’ that you can’t help but love. They are so quirky in their own way that it’s funny. :D In Floating and Drowning I have two characters that I love. I like the character Savannah because she is a popular girl that went through a lot to get over her own insecurities’ and she isn’t the typical b*tchy girl. Then there is Dakota who is a definite heartbreaker. He’s the definition of misunderstood, but without a doubt he’s the best friend a person could have. In, ‘The Devil’s Chivarly,’ I haven’t introduced that many characters yet, but I will say I already love Samuel. Despite being older then the main female character he’s clearly someone who would go through hell and back for a person he cares about.

08. Do you do research before writing?

I do some research when I need a little more insight on something I’m not too familiar with.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

On here I have several authors whose work I admire and they are Marauding Marlen (the author of Defect), Sweetdreams475 (author of I Spun the Bottle), hyrule. (author of Homophobe), aradia megido. (author of Teethmarks and Wolf Pelts), and captured_butterflies (author of Cherries and Drugs). Honestly these are my top five authors here.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Yeah I like experimenting. Actually that’s how I came to write N.E;R.D. I’m actually experimenting with a romance/sci-fi story right now. I have never done sci-fi before so it’s completely new territory for me. At the moment I haven’t posted it up anywhere, but when I do it’ll be on here first.

11. How often do you update?

I used to be quick with updates, but my life is getting busy and with school updates are moving slow. Now I update when I can and sometimes that every other week or longer, and quite frakly I’m not too happy when it takes longer than a week.

12. What's the story you are most proud of?

The story I’m most proud of has to be N.E;R.D. By Day since it’s so different from what I would normally write.

13. Any words for your readers?

I love you all! Kisses, hugs, free giraffe dolls. I thank anyone who read or is reading any of my stories, you have no idea how much happiness I get from reading comments. Currently I’m in college studying criminal justice and when I can’t write I get frustrated and feel bad for anyone who is reading my un-updated stories. So when I do update I’m always happy to read your feedback.

14. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

I love Karen Chance, Jay Asher, and Gillian Flynn. I find all of their books to be breath taking and easily captivating. I love how Karen Chance and her amazing ability to bring mythical creature to the present in a hard core kick butt way. Then Jay Asher and the way his writing can pull one’s emotions to the point you can relate with the characters. When it comes to suspense with twists and turns Gillian Flynn is the way to go.

~Marian.
April 4th, 2013 at 06:47am