The Annual Celebration of My Arrival.

As you may have gathered from the stupendous title, it is indeed my birthday.
The age of 17 is not very dramatic, but it always seemed more important to me that 16. 17, I think, is when you're free of the 'lesser' teenage years, to grow into a forward-thinking adult.
My opinion anyway. Out there in the Internet, free amongst the knowledge.
Base base base base base knowledge.
Okay. The amount of people that would probably get that joke is undetermined, but it's still a joke. I digress. Humourous quota fulfilled.
I got some pretty good spoils today. Some baked goods, a chocolate bar, some more baked goods, three Pandora charms and a new Pandora bracelet, an almost-Sherlock coat, a checkered shirt, and some American candy. Reece's Pieces are just divine, as are RedVines.
Birthdays aren't just about presents to me though. It's about celebrating what you've done so far in your life and what you hope to achieve.
My outlook for my future is going well I think. I've received a zoo placement for work experience, and just recently I completed a ten-day voyage on board the Spirit of New Zealand. These experiences will really help me out.
I can say I'm hopeful for my future finally. I've always been the nay-sayer when it comes to myself.
'Oh, that person won't want my help, I'll just annoy them.'
'I should keep my ideas to myself so that others get a chance to speak up.'
Things like that. It's been getting really bad recently. I just feel like I'm getting worse, and that I'm slowly turning invisible to my friends. They all have more important problems to me, but on this one shining day, I could pretend they didn't exist. I feel hopeful for everything. It probably won't last for long.
This blog entry started off so beautifully.
As did a new story of mine! I've recently started a little story called 'Falling Souls,' and it's about a couple that has isolated moments with one another. But so far, hardly anyone's read it. It has some pretty good grammar, if I do say so myself.
So, click it of you want to. I don't want to pressure you into anything you don't want to do, because that's a bad thing to do.
I feel like Danisnotonfire.
(Hopefully) rage quit this entry!
April 4th, 2013 at 12:40pm