Questions, Rants, and Music. Read, You Know You Want To.

Hey guys so I have had some comments, messages, and concerns asking me about Judgment Day . This is a blog that will address as many questions as I am able, mostly just questions I actually want to answer because basically some of them annoyed the crap out of me. So let us begin.

When are Yvaine and Andrew going to hook up? I can feel the sexual tension in the air.

Yvaine is going to be a very unique character as the story progresses. She and one other female Judge, which is being introduced in the next chapter, will become very important in Andrew’s life. However the point of this story is not to be a romance, not saying there won’t be some tension or some small romance things, it is supposed to be a story of a kid growing into adulthood and forced into a job that is reviled and needed by the public at large. Will there be hookups and some drama? As I stated earlier yes, but that will not be the focus of the story at large.

Andrew is so Gary Sueish, can’t you cut it back a bit?

I don’t normally attack questions but this is one where I draw the line. Andrew is not a Gary Sue. The definition of a Mary/Gary Sue is an idealized character representing the author.

I haven’t really explored the depths of his character as a whole, however in my experience Mary/Gary Sue’s can be summed up in the first part of blog entry . But for those that would rather skip over that here is a list of things Mary/Gary Sue’s does that has not been present in Andrew.

*Have an inexplicable knowledge and plan for basically everything.
*Have multiple really hot love interests that are perfect human beings who randomly turn into terrible human beings or rapists.
*Is basically a clone of the author. Trying to show everyone how misunderstood they are but really it’s just sad.
*Lives are basically perfect but they still aren’t happy.
*So many others I’d rather not list them.

I made this clear that Andrew was not a Mary/Gary Sue very clear by the end of my first chapter. So if you say that, then I don’t know what story you were reading. Especially since that was messaged to me instead of being presented in the comments section so it could have been discussed at large.

Do I have to have any knowledge of the universe to read this?

Nope. I knew that a small percentage of the community on here would actually know anything about this fandom. So everything that you would need to know is explained either early on or when the need arises. I also tried to remedy this by establishing my own continuity and creating my own villains and lore. That does not mean a handful of classic Judge Dredd characters won’t be making an appearance. Just not all of them.

When do you update? It takes you forever.

About once to twice a month. I am a busy person who is trying to graduate from high school. Apologies ahead of time.

Where do you come up with ideas?

Music mostly. I started reading Judge Dredd to help polish my knowledge of the universe, although most of my research comes from the Internet as I await more volumes of the glorious comic to come. When I write I listen to music similar to the genre I am writing, so my playlist has consisted of,

*Hollywood Undead
--Been to Hell
--Up in Smoke
--Bullet
--Everywhere I go
--Undead
--Rain
--Pain
*Avenged Sevenfold
--Nightmare
--Critical Acclaim
*Disturbed
--Land of Confusion
--Indestructible
--Inside the Fire
*Delain
--Frozen
--April Rain
--Mother Machine (sound familiar?)
--We Are the Others
*Nightwish
--Gethsemane
--I Want My Tears Back
--Story Time
--Planet Hell
*Rammstein
--Amerika
--Mein Teil
Pendulum
--Granite

So I am a music nut, I’m just not very vocal about it.

Anything else?

As for now no. That is because I don’t want to answer any questions that would give any part of the story away, or at least more than I have. But I will post more blogs with news about the series and questions to be answered. See you next time.
April 4th, 2013 at 04:48pm