Stop and Smell the roses

Okay I know. Random title right? Well this blog is really serious. You know how people tell you when you go somewhere to stop and smell the roses so you don't go through everything too quickly? Well today I realized that something very dangerous can happen o you at any moment.

When I woke up this morning at 6am (yeah pretty early right? Stupid new school hours. Whatever) it seemed like a normal day. I got ready and went out to feed my goats and came back in and got dressed. At night I turn my radio on because I can't fall asleep without some kind of noise. So anyway, I was listening to the radio and the lady said there was an accident on 329, the road my school is on and that it was a fatality. Of course I felt bad but I was like 'oh man it is going to be a pain in the butt to get to school.'

So I leave my house and go to school and I didn't see anything so I pull into my school's back parking lot and head to my first class. All morning my teacher kept asking of anyone knew what happened in the accident and I didn't know anything more than what I had heard on the radio. At the end of first period they told us to turn on the announcements in second period for a message from our principle.

Apon arriving to second period I heard more details. It was on that road but on the other side of 441, closer to the middle school not my high school. So I felt a little better but not much. In second period the announcement came on and at first he brought up that we had a 'fake' message awhile ago for our drive for life assembly. But this was no joke. The accident happened at 3 o'clock this morning. One of the boys that went to our school, one that went to vanguard, and two graduates from our school (I think) were all in the car. I don't know how the accident happened only that two of the boys died, one is in critical condition, and the last is stable. I didn't know any of the boys personally but others did. Our principal told us there were extra counclers (I don't remember how to spell it) on campus for those who knew them. Apparently one of the kids in my second period knew them and had to leave class. As I left my second period a girl was on her knees bawling her eyes out. I wanted to go over and comfort her but my friend had already done that. The whole school was depressed today. It was nearly silent walking through the halls.

My prayers and thoughts go out to the families that lost loved ones and to the two boys in the hospital. I hope both get better and that the families of the two that died will be able to eventually smile when remembering their fallen son.

So yeah this made me realize that not everything is guaranteed. So just remember that next time you are out and please make sure you tell loved ones that you love them because, who knows what could happen. Life is precious and life is fragile and a long life is not a guarantee. I hope everyone has a great rest of the day and the sun will rise in the morning.
April 5th, 2013 at 01:11am