Another staffer giving you the chance to ask any question you wish for the staff accent challenge!

So as Sean (mia san mia) has posted her video and Victoria (everybody dies;) has posted her blog for questions, I'm going to join that trend and go a video. Now, I did one like a few months ago but that was ages ago and has been deleted by now because I hate myself on video. But when Sunny and Sean posted in the Staff forum about the challenge, I agreed to participate because well, I am a massive creeper.

Funny thing is they're both from the UK - and so am I! I don't have an awesome accent like Sean does, though, nor Victoria even though she hasn't posted her blog but come on, Scottish accents are the bomb. I just sound...whiny, I guess? Haha. But anyone who even is interested in this blog and subsequently the video will be able to tell me just what my accent sounds like (if I have one).

You can ask me anything and I will answer. Just don't ask me to try an American accent because I recall I tried that before and sounded absolutely bloody horrendous and I don't want to subject anyone to that again.

I can even try and teach some Welsh, granted I don't know much but I can also just rattle off some of the village names and enjoy making everyone think I'm talking gibberish.

But yeah. Any question you want, ask away! I have the accent challenge questions to do anyway so if I turn out to be a loner and a loser (which I am both but whatever) and get no questions from Mibbians who are curious about British people (although most Americans I'm friends with like my 'Britishness') then I'm settled anyway.

Oh, and I can show some stereotypical British foods if you'd like. Just not scones as I have none, unfortunately. But I have digestive biscuits and Jaffa Cakes and crumpets and the sorts.

If you want, you could even ask me questions about the article section on Mibba as I'm an article editor and I should know whatever you ask about. I'll probably do my video tomorrow.

Guess that's all. Ask away (or not).
April 5th, 2013 at 01:37am