Ages since my first blog post and Life Decisions

Hello if anyone is reading this :) It's been ages since I made my first blog post and I guess I've got a spare ten minutes and I need to warm up my fingers for writing another chapter of one of my stories.

I guess over the last few months that a lot has changed around me, and these changes have made me think about live in general ; what do I want to spend the rest of my life doing.

And I mean within the realms of work and hobbies and leisure I guess.

My parents are trying to push me to become something that I don't want to be ; they haven't said a specific job but they want me to go to university but I just don't know if I will. I mean, apparently it's like the best experience ever, but I'm not even sixteen and my mother (more specifically) expects me to know what I want to study in two or so years times.

I barely even knew what I wanted to pick for my A levels three months ago, let alone what the hell I want to do when I'm 18.

But, recently I've been having sort of urges or something that has been pulling me towards doing certain things, and sort of 'realizations' of what my dream job/ hobby would be.

And it seemed to be working in an Alternative/ Gothic clothing shop and being a tattoo artist.

And to be honest, I can imagine myself doing both of those two things, but I cannot at the same time.

Maybe it's because of the fact that my parents will completely disown me if I go down that route of life.

Maybe not.

But then again , I guess my life got jumbled up about a year and a bit ago when I started getting into pop-punk, rock and 'light' metal music. But, like my friend has told me, it was good that my life aspirations had been ripped apart and scattered aimlessly on the floor, because it meant that they were not 'solid' enough for me to actually do them in the first place;

For example, I had always wanted to work in the world of animals and maybe become a vet.

But now when I think of it, there is no way I would ever do that.

The only problem now is that, I feel like I'm at a literal crossroads and there's about twenty different paths that I can take. My parents are ushering me towards the one with bright sunshine and children playing in the bushes furhter down the path, but something inside of me is urging me to go down the murky, darkened and eerily silent path which is situated within a haunted forest. Or something.

And I think that's me all typed out for this blog post/ I don't want to bore people with my life problems...

But, I'll just leave this on one quote which one of my idols has partially tattooed onto himself ;

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."

(It really does speak to me...
April 7th, 2013 at 02:36am