"Why do people like_?"

Whenever I hear that or whenever someone writes that the smart-ass in me wants to go, "because they do." Because they do. You don't understand, I cannot answer for them. I can answer for me, and come up with different assumptions for all the reasons why they may/may not like whoever, whatever, for whatever whichever reason. That's the best that I can do.

What I want to ask most is why does it bother you?(Using you generally not specifically) Why do people like horror? Well, I like horror because I like having control over what I'm afraid of and knowing that even if I'm scared I'm still going to be relatively safe. Why do people like romance? Well, I like it because sometimes it's so real I can relate to it, or it's so far off of reality that it takes me away. See, I can only tell you why I like or dislike something.

Mainly my thing is, my opinion on whatever it is shouldn't really bug anyone. So what if I like one language over another. Did that make you burn your toast? So what if I like one genre of music and can't stand another? Sorry for my opinion choking you up.

The way I see an opinion is: it can't be right or wrong. It can be agreeable, disagreeable, or neutral. But not wrong. Does that make sense?

One thing though is the tone that people ask this. "Why in the world would anyone like _?" Like you are just thinking whatever it is is just so wrong, so disgusting, and unbelievable that whoever does like whatever it is you are asking about is weird. Or that they are crazy for liking something.

I mean I joke a lot. A lot. And some people for some reason take me seriously so I have got to find a way to pull in my jokes a bit, but I would never really look down on someone because of something they like.

The reason I'm not posting this on tumblr is because if I did I know I would get verbally attacked. "Well HITLER THOUGHT." Well no duh what Hitler thought is MORALLY wrong on so many levels. I'm talking about harmless opinions, and yes opinions build up a person and generally can make them do something like kill or hurt another. But can we just not blow things out of proportion for a bit?

And just to say: this is not directed at anyone who is honestly curious as to why anyone likes something so that they can possibly understand. This is more so about the people who think that anything they don't like no one else should either because it's stupid, crazy, weird, freakish, etc.

If any of this has made sense, woo. Because it's hard to organize myself a lot because of the whole interjecting arguments that I have with myself. Way to make myself seem crazy.
Image
Image

Well, I'm off to go write then play a game.
April 7th, 2013 at 06:37pm