Katie Update Time

Well guys, it's time for another update on the love of my life!

Until this morning, Katie had been on a heavy dose of drugs to help with the pain, so she has been pretty much in and out of consciousness since the surgery. She didn't understand anything that was going on, and we weren't even able to explain to her what had happened, so she really had no idea what was going on, but she wasn't ever really awake enough to wonder.

This morning, they reduced the amount of drugs that she was on, so she was finally able to be sort of awake. When she woke up, they kicked everyone out of the room except her dad and mom, so they could explain to her what happened. They were in there for a few hours and I don't really want to get into details because I feel like it's Katie's business to tell if she wants to.

I just wanted to use this blog to let you guys know that Katie is now somewhat awake, but only just barely. I'm not really sure when she'll be awake enough to get back to you guys, but hopefully it will be soon!

Thank you guys so much for all the support you guys have given her! She is really going to need it over the next few months during her recovery and you have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Katie, you are the Mercury to my Neptune, and even though we are many planets apart, I love you like you are my little moon.
April 7th, 2013 at 11:27pm