45 Pages in three days: the blog post about dedication.

So I completely wrote my Zayn/Niall (and Harry/Louis) Treading Slowly story for about the third time since I thought up the idea, and I wrote out whole plans for it, studied a lot of London's shops, neighborhoods, roads, all of that, and set occupations/relationships for all the characters on Friday before actually writing it on that same day.

Now, on this beautiful Sunday night, after a lot of writing, editing, reading, and more writing and editing, I am officially at 45 good pages in Treading Slowly. That means, if I continue working on this story everyday, I can probably get to my goal of 200 pages in a couple of weeks.

Which means great things, my friends. Super great things. I'm not too happy about character dynamics/characterization, but I'm trying to fix that as I go along, trying to get some obvious growth of everybody before the story ends. I already know the climax, how it's worked through, and the resolution. I even know how it's going to finally end.

And I am very excited, indeed. So I really hope it's appreciated here on Mibba, and also on Archive of Our Own (ao3). I love being so dedicated about my writing for once in my life.

What are your stories that you're dedicated about? I'd love to hear about it.
April 8th, 2013 at 02:29am