My Interview With ''childishinsanity'' and a''a mimosa pudica''

Hello everyone. :D

Today we're gonna start by interviewing childishinsanity. The series she’s writing are one of the best. :)

So here we go! XD

01. Would you tell us your full name?

I am afraid I shall withhold my name. I like the anonymity so G is the 'name' I would go by on any site.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I joined Mibba nearly three years ago. Been posting almost every week since.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I used to post on Quizilla, which was in fact the first site I ever used when I started my onliners over three years ago, but recently stopped due to utter lack of feedback. I use Wattpad under the name Tophat, which is my youngest account.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I have been playing with stories since I was about eleven but mostly only ever plotted them out, doodled characters and wrote prologues. It wasn't until I was eighteen that I began to write complete stories. My little sister had nagged me to after numerous prologues to continue and go beyond the prologue, which I eventually agreed with. I thought writing online would keep me motivated to stick to a single story and actually complete one. Pleased to say it has worked. Still at it and now have four completed works, two in the making and one massive project done. Huzzah!

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Ah, I shall summarize as quickly and as short as possible. There are a few so bear with me.

Erm, there are currently five connected stories I call the Old World, which is simply a paranormal romance series with different female antagonists. The stories have their own plot but each is connected with a sub-plot.

Lust For Her Master's blood is a story of a witch, Susan, trying to escape her vampiric 'master' and a power struggle between said Master and his utterly insane mother.

The Blood Painted Cage is about the newly found ruler of the Clans struggling to accept her loss of humanity and sudden god-like status among people she considers monsters.

The Bloody Masquerade is a story of another witch trying to hide a deadly secret and keep a young and potentially powerful warlock from being killed or worse, used.

Bleeding Tears, Crying Blood is about a young and still un-awakened vampire trying to remain hidden and understanding why the Gabor Head is waging war with her own to claim her as his Bride.

The Bride and Her Bloodlust (ongoing) is a story about an old threat (sub-plot of the previous stories) that forces Susan to arms to protect the Old World itself.

I also have a single and very long winded fantasy story, The Weaver's Source, which is still ongoing. It focuses on Lyra, a Source or walking body of magic, and her determination to support her Weaver, the one being able to use the magic within her, a connection that slowly morphs into love.

And that’s it.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

This is thankfully a short answer. Lust For Her Master's Blood was my first story and a practice run. I simply chose the most popular genre, that being romance, paranormal and, oddly, this dominance theme. I twisted them into my own idea and into something I would enjoy writing and Lust For Her Master's Blood was the result. The four stories it spawned were thought of after its completion as I had a few demands to continue, thus the Old World stories were created.

The Weaver's Source was created as an experiment. As I couldn't find a story with heavy fantasy elements as well as strong romance, I decided to attempt to write my own. I also wanted to experiment with strong sexual scenes and this became my practice story.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Hmm, I guess I'll go with which character I enjoyed writing about most. Susan, my first protagonist, is one I quite like. She's quite an enjoyable point of view to write from and she was also a vent for me. She was often an angry or emotionally confused character, something useful when wanting to vent out my frustrations. But I also quite like Morrigan, again an early character, mostly because she was so twisted and calm, Alma, because she's so enjoyable to draw, and Lillith, mostly because I am quite fond of the old giant woman.

08. How often do you update?

I try my damned hardest to update both of my on-going onliners once a week, so every Monday and Thursday. This however can prove difficult as my health can get in the way and make writing 1500+ words too much of a challenge. So sometimes I can go two weeks without an update, something I really quite detest. One week of no updating is fine. Two? No. Just no.

09. Any words for your readers?

I bow at your feet, kind readers, for being so supportive and patient with me, especially at the moment with my silly bad health from updating and making me so quiet. I would not be writing nearly as much as I do now if it weren't for the praise and love you all give me. I give you all hugs, mostly because you deserve them for being so brave for reading the drivel I write.

10. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Christine Feehan is my main inspiration for the experiment with strong romance stories. But authors I truly like? There are a few. Alan Campbell, Niel Gaiman, J.R.R Tolkein, Terry Pratchett and Haruki Murakami are among them, but I don't have a favorite or specific author who inspires me. All stories and writing styles influence me in some shape or form.

And that's the end of the interview.

Thank you so much for your time childishinsanity. It was fun interviewing you and learning things about one of my favorite authors.

I hope all of you enjoyed this interview as much as I did. Have fun reading childishinsanity’s stories. :)

Moving to the second and last interview for the day, with miss a mimosa pudica.

01. Would you tell us your full name?

I would if I could. But I can’t. But you can call me Cookie.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I’ve been in Mibba since I was 12. So, it’s been like 3 years? I’m not good with math. Haha.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Nope. But I used to be a member in Quizilla. If I were to be given the chance to read my previous works there, I would. I used to say that I wouldn’t read them but I realized that if I were to go back, I would know how horrible I was and strive to be a lot better.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I seriously don’t know. I know that I didn’t like writing before but I know do.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Honestly, I have you tell you that I’m so lazy to give a brief summary about all of them. But I can tell you about one story that I’m still working on right now: Stranger, You Could Be Happy. It’s about this lonely girl, Amanda who meets a ghost boy, Mario in a coffee shop. I know, my summarizing sucks but that’s just how I roll.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Hmm, there are a lot. I can tell you one thing: I get my best ideas when I’m in the bathroom.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Mario is the best character I have since he’s the only male I’ve written about. Haha! Still, I picture him as somewhat of a shy but very playful boy. (He’s my secret boyfriend)

08. Do you do research before writing?

It depends. I used to write about this girl with cancer, but I had limited knowledge about it. It didn’t hurt to research, so I did. It really helps, so I recommend people to research.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

There are so many, literally. I adore the works of megurine luka. She’s an awesome writer and tojours pur.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Yeah, definitely. I didn’t experience writing in a boy’s POV which is found in another story of mine (co-authored by Mi-Kat) which is entitled Panea.

11. How often do you update?

I try to update as much as I can but right now, school’s just killing me.

12. Any words for your readers?

Thank you. Whoever you are, you are the reasons why I enjoy writing. Simply, thank you. You don’t know how much it means to me when you read my work.

13. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

LJ Smith and Cassandra Clare. They are my top 2 authors as of right now. If anyone would like to talk about them, I’m here and we can fan-girl together.

And with this, our interviews came to an end. Till next time. :)

~Marian.
April 8th, 2013 at 07:45am