My Interview With ''Lady of the Moon'' and ''BeDope.BeProud.''

Hello everyone. :D

As I said before, I decided to interview my favorite authors from this site and the third great author I found here was Lady of the Moon. The series she’s writing are one of the best. :)

So here we go! XD

01. Would you tell us your full name?

My full name is Jeanne Hanson.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I have been on Mibba since April 20, 2009. So, almost four years.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I use to post on other writing sites, but I don’t anymore. Back when Quizilla was decent, I use to post on there. I use to be somewhat active on Storywrite, doing mainly oneshots for contests over there. But I haven’t been active since they updated the site a few years ago. So, long story short, no, I don’t post any of my writings on other writing sites.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I honestly don’t know, because I never really kept track of it. I would probably say I started to really write for pleasure back when I was in eighth/ninth grade. It really picked up when I got my first computer, but anyway. I would probably say since I was around fourteen, I have been writing.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

I’ll try to be brief on this one. However, I’m only going to focus on the chaptered stories I have on Mibba, more so than the one-shots.

The Chronicles of Sorrow: This whole series (The Darker Side of Passion, Lilies Painted Black, and Temptress of Paris) follows Rosemary through the first two, and her daughter Lily in the last one. It’s mainly my first attempt at an erotic story/series. It follows the life of Rosemary as a sex slave after her master, Ashlar, purchases her. In the third and final installment of the series it follows Lily, as she follows (sort of) in her mother’s footsteps.

Lasting Impressions/Demons: These two are reality love stories, taking place in both Russia and Wales, respectively. The prequel starts out with Ioan Llewelyn when he moves to St. Petersburg, Russia, who meets and falls in love with a native, Anastasia Solovyov, who is married to an abusive man. The sequel follows Anastasia’s struggles with her new family after Ioan brings her to Wales, as her past starts to haunt her.

Passionate Obsession/Blinding: Passionate Obsession follows both Aurora and Tristan McIntyre, after Aurora is bought by the Earl. It follows their struggles as they gradually fall for one another, and the complications that arise both around them and within themselves (Tristan falls under the second category more so than the first one). It is also my first attempt at including slash into my erotic stories. As for Blinding, because I haven’t written it all out yet, I won’t give too much away. I’ll just say this, it starts out with Tristan going after Aurora, who was taken away from him.

Paper Faces and Broken Hearts: The version I have on Mibba right now, which is in its infancy, is a rewrite of another version of a story by the same title I had on Mibba at one point. The second version though, is completely different from the first one. This story follows a forbidden romance between Ezra Heath and Genevieve Worthington, which came about when they were in college. At the beginning of the story, Genevieve is married to a close friend of Ezra’s. Again, because this story is still quite young, I don’t want to give too much away.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Different things inspired me to write the stories I mentioned above. I honestly don’t remember what inspired me to write The Chronicles of Sorrow.

As for Lasting Impressions, I got that idea one afternoon while I was driving home, listening to my iPod. With the sequel though, I just felt like continuing the characters, and seeing where I would take them.

The idea for Passionate Obsession, however, came to me one afternoon after I finished The Sleeping Beauty Trilogy by Anne Rice. My own Tristan actually got his name from that series. The ideas for Blinding came to me when I ended its prequel, and I wanted to continue the characters for that series. The three main characters from both Passionate Obsession and Blinding are favorites of mine.

As for Paper Faces and Broken Hearts, I wanted to rewrite what I originally had, and the idea for the second draft just came to me out of the blue.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Normally, after I finish a story and slowly forget about it, I come to dislike my characters. Once I finished Passionate Obsession, I didn’t feel a dislike for the characters. So, for this question, I will focus on Tristan, Ian, and Aurora.

Tristan: Out of the three, he’s my favorite. As one of my really good friends who reads my stuff on Mibba put it, he is the male version of myself. He has insecurities towards his feelings for Aurora and is extremely pessimistic about the love he shares for her (at first). With some help from Ian though, slowly he is able to get over his insecurities and pessimism, and is able to fall freely in love with Aurora. Minus the emotional struggles with himself, Tristan really is a quiet person who is a professional pianist and composure, and a romantic at heart. He cherishes the close, intimate relationships he shares with both Ian and Aurora.

Ian: With this particular character, thinking back on how I created and crafted him, he sort of became Tristan’s opposite. He stands firm by what he believes, especially when it comes to Tristan’s feelings for Aurora. He is Tristan’s lover, but he understands how Tristan feels for Aurora, and doesn’t want to get between them. Ian also loves Aurora, in his own little way, and will do anything to keep both Tristan and Aurora together. That particular story arch will become more evident in Blinding, once I start working on it again.

Aurora: As for Aurora herself, why she is a favorite of mine really has to do with how I crafted her. I, personally, think I made her stronger than I did with Rosemary, who essentially is the first version of this female character. I also love how devoted I made her towards Tristan, and throughout what they’ll both go through until their stories are all said and done, she will continue to love him.

08. How often do you update?

Being a college student, and homework being the number one priority in my life right now, I update whenever I can. I haven’t written as much as I use to, but I do try to write a little here and there. I’m hoping, with summer break coming, I’ll be able to update more often than once every other week, but we’ll see.

09. Any words for your readers?

I would just like to thank all my readers throughout the years I’ve been on Mibba, both old and new. I always love hearing from them. Even though I’m not nearly as active right now as I would like to be, I still appreciate hearing from them.

10. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Right off, I would have to say Anne Rice is an author that I absolutely love. As I said in question six, after I read The Sleeping Beauty Trilogy, I was inspired to write Passionate Obsession. Since I started reading her Vampire Chronicles, I enjoyed her writing style and how she developed her characters, both major and minor.

And that's the end of the interview.

Thank you so much for your time Lady of the Moon. It was fun interviewing you and learning things about one of my favorite authors.

I hope all of you enjoyed this interview as much as I did. Have fun reading Lady’s stories. :)

Moving on to the second interview for the day with miss BeDope.BeProud..

01. Would you tell us your full name?]

Samantha Jaelyn Rose.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I think 3 years.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

No, just Mibba.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Ever since I was five I started showing an interest in writing stories. I'd just be sitting outside playing with my barbies and all of a sudden an idea pops in my head a soccer so I'll start writing a short story about soccer. Writing has always been apart of my life.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Well I have three:

Trouble: Is a about this girl named Annabeth who has always been the "good girl" but soon she meets the boy named Ryder who turns her life upside down. Right now I am currently working on the next chapter to it because I am experiencing writers block for this story. So if any of you are reading Trouble right another chapter is coming soon.

Watching From a Distance: Is a story about these two teens Calliope and Drew who have been best friends forever. Calliope is in love with Drew only her two close friends knowing about her feelings. But problems arise when Drew gets into a serious relationship with this new girl and Calliope is conflicted with telling Drew how she really feels or saving her friendship.

Reviving Ophelia: Allison is a 16 year old girl who is in an abusive relationship with the star wrestler Patrick. She doesn't know how to come out and tell authorities so she just lets it continue on. All things change when a new teacher arrives at campus and notices the abuse that Patrick is doing and tries to make Allison open up and finally take a stand.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Music. Music inspires me to write so much stuff that I haven't even published on this site. The fact that you can tell so much through some melody and words is amazing. Lana Del Rey has been a major factor in my stories.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

In Trouble, I really like Cooper because he represents so much of ever day teenagers dealing with parental issues to drugs. Even though Cooper isn't in the story as much he still plays a major role in it.

For Watching From a Distance, Carla has to be my favorite because her witty remarks and the love-hate relationship she has with Vanessa is hilarious. I feel like with Carla I can relate so much to her because she doesn't take things too seriously and the fact that she can insult someone and still have you laughing is awesome.

Reviving Ophelia, I don't really have a favorite character because the story is still in its fetus stage right now and I have to see how it goes before I could answer that.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Not really, it just comes naturally to me but if I don't know how to spell I word and the computer doesn't give me any options than I'll definitely hit up the Google search bar.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

I really like @bilinski. I am currently reading Boys&Things and I share my laughs while reading it. She really does know how to create a character.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Definitely. Reviving Ophelia was new to me because I had never experienced an abusive relationship or witnessed one. So for me to write about that was definitely hard but I think it's going to be a good experience.

11. How often do you update?

I try to update every every two weeks just give me sometime to collect some ideas and shape them into a chapter but right know school and test are really attracting all my attention but I am going to start updating more often.

12. What's the story you are most proud of?

I think it would be Trouble because I have never gotten so far into a story before so for me too keep updating is new because I'll write a story and then delete it because I'll start getting bored. Also, to 500 subscribes is so amazing. Thank you guys for the support.

13. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Sara Shepard inspires me a lot because even though shes not a teen anymore she still grasps that whole high school and "mean girl" image very well. So she definitely inspires me a lot.

14. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Love stories would have to be my weakness because I think everyone wants that "Bad boy" or "Football player". Also, to be able to read/write love stories that actually make people fall in love with the characters is amazing. I love reading a story and wishing the I had a love life like the characters.

15. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I'm more of a reader. I just like to sit back on a Sunday morning and read all day long.

16. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

I try to read all kinds of fiction but romance and teen fiction are my guilty pleasures. When I was just coming on to the creative writing website stuff I use to read a whole lot of vampire books. You know the ones that have those rock bands being portrayed as vampires? But I have crossed over to love stories and high school dirtbags genre.

17. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I prefer original fiction but if there are Avenged Sevenfold stories then I'll definitely read them.

18. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

I don't really have a comfort zone with genres I like to try different things.

19. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I like the Rated R or NC-17 books I find them to be far more interesting.

20. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

I usually stick with PG-13 or NC-17 not that many people on this site care about the ratings, just the book.

That was the end minna-san. Did you have fun?

~Marian.
April 8th, 2013 at 08:01am