Perhaps it’s Appropriate to Smell Flowers

I can feel the energy that surrounds me. I am encased in a protective globe of wonder and innocence. I am not trapped or condemned by others, nor do I condemn those of whom I refer to as my enemies. I love all that surrounds me and I can see the impurities within myself, but in the mirror that reflects my flaws, I have come to love myself regardless of the imperfections that I so happen to see. I believe that the wonders and the magic in life is a constant anomaly in our lives. To live a truly enchanting life one must overcome the negative complexities of the environment that one is still phased by.
I believe I have reached that state of complete and utter happiness when I think about the joyous events that are unfolding around me. Even the past contains moments that I wish I could just replay, but there are some things that are just meant to be endure once, such as a first kiss, or the rush of going on a roller coaster. You know when you experience magical moments when you feel this sense of euphoria. In this moment, everything slows down, your senses are heightened – touch, taste, smell, sight and sound are amplified and then forever etched into your mind.
I absolutely believe in reaching for a balance in life. What I mean by this is “meditation” and practicing this it is important that I try to become more aware of my surroundings, and with that awareness, my body is also in tuned with what is happening around it. Beyond physical self-awareness, reaching for a safe mental haven in your mind, to simply escape.
I know that there are some of you who will be reading this right now and think, “wow this girl is a nut.” However, I must object to any and all judgments. I write this not to benefit myself but to benefit those who read this. I am not asking a whole lot, I just want to be heard. I have lived my whole life as an angry, cynical human being, and sometimes I often forget how to live or how to just be better at living. I know that living is just a verb, and we as humans tend to” live”, well in the technical sense of “living” anyhow. But what I’m trying to get across is that maybe we should take a different approach.
It’s kind of redundant to know you go each day driving the same route, going to the same job, eating the same lunch, and fighting the same traffic to get home. All of this is a cycle, a normal and literally insane cycle of doing the same thing and expecting something different. But do you want to know a secret?
To break the insanity is to do something extraordinary and expect a new brand of “different.” I know some of you might fear change, but you shouldn’t, you need to live in the moment of just plain ole’ complete and absolute bizarreness. You know you’ve accomplished something worthwhile when doing something that usually isn’t on your agenda.
~* ~ * ~* ~* ~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~*
At this moment I find that the most magical occurrence is to witness is the development of a flower, from seed to a green sprouting ringlet. Plants are my children, I nurture them from the moment I place a seed in a finger deep tunnel, to the very day they rise from the earth and sprout then bud and bloom into the spectacular flower I hoped that they would be.
The word magic can mean different things to different people, but to me magic means relief. A sigh of assurance that after the crap of the day is over with, and finally I can sit back and look at how much I have accomplished so far. Well to be honest, I haven’t accomplished much, and to be frank with you, I don’t care. I don’t care because I haven’t started living in the “now,” but I know from watching other people who live the same bland life of a circular cycle that I will be sure to do more, see more and be more than other around me.
To be something more than I am now is a gutsy task, but with the knowledge that I have begun collecting I will most certainly reach the goal I have set out for myself. Now you listen, I have told you my philosophy, you have to choose to be different. But for all of us to choose a different way of life would eventually lead for all of us to be different and then the same again.
Perhaps we should create a specific race of diverse people, starting with those who should join a mass nudist colony, and those who should remain clothed. Those where only suggestions, but as you know I can’t speak for all of you and regardless, you all should be “you.” Because while I am lecturing on how to be the enchanting butterfly I wish most humans should be, I am also trying to get across that the true magic in this world exists as a result of those who choose to believe in it.
April 9th, 2013 at 11:43pm