I just have a question about how you look for stories.

I was just wondering how other people judge stories that they may or may not want to read, based solely on their little intro thingy on the search page.

When i go look for stories, I always look at how many words compared to how many chapters and when the last chapter was posted and then if there's less than like five chapters in a story, I usually click away. Also if the description is just like Sam Winchester/OC (because I do a lot of SPN fanfics and I know I have a problem) then I'll skip it unless I'm truly desperate.

But my biggest turn off is when there is bad grammar/spelling in the description. If your story goes

sam and dean are hunters andthey meat this girl who is also a hunter and yea dean/oc oh and also wincest and destiel because this is an example odf a story descrip that i wont read and also this is rated nc-17 because i want to putin smut except i never do and it really just gets people hopes up. because some of us have a problematic attraction to Sam Winchester.

then I'm not going to click on it.

So I kind of just want to know what turns other people off in the descriptions.

And maybe if I get some feedback from this, I'll do one on what we hate inside the actual stories. That sounds like fun. I think I'll do that just cause I can.
April 10th, 2013 at 07:22am