Leaving Chattanooga

I'm not really sure how blogs work here on Mibba, however I figure I can use them to rant and babble about random bullshit, and some posts may be more important than others and what-not. However, for this one, it is a rant, and I do better when I write about things, therefore, this is here.

So for those who actually read this, to get a better understanding, I live in Chattanooga Tennessee. I go to school at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and I am a freshman. Moving here was seriously the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I've had to leave all I've ever known, my mother, my little two year old son, my friends, and my family. Sure, it was only two hours away, but without a car, I was/am basically stuck here until my best friend/roommate decides to go home(which we are from the same place, therefore I tend to ride with her).

The end of the year is coming around, and I have 16 more days until I move out of my dorm. I've made friends here and have actually grown close and accustomed to this place. It is a bittersweet departure. I'm not coming back due to a scholarship and dorm issue, so I am going to a community college back home and then transfer somewhere else. I don't want to leave my new friends, my new life, and my new found freedom. Sure, I want to go back home and be with my son, my family, and my boyfriend. But here I can escape from all the bullshit drama back home.

I want to go back home, but I want to stay here at the same time. I'm at a crossroad that the outcome is inevitable. I just don't know what my next move is going to be, and that freaks me out. Something that used to be the roughest turn in my life is now my safe haven and my getaway, and I am having to leave it as well.

I'm just not sure about where I am heading and what I need to do.

Anyways, end of rant.

-Kat.
April 11th, 2013 at 02:50am