Sequel to I just have a question about how you look for stories.

So I got really fabulous feedback from my last entry, and that made me kinda tingly, but not in the way my Sammy makes me tingly. It's a different kind of tingly. Like the way chocolate makes me tingly. Anywho, enough about being tingly.

This one is about what you look for in stories. I think we should all definitely read this and comment on it because it really is tiring when you can never find a good story to read. Depressing and such.

So here it is, what I hate in a story.

I hate cliches, but these days they're hard to stay away from. Everything has been done before. It's really hard to be original. Then again, there are the ones that died out (or should have) years ago. Sorry, guys, I stopped reading about emo kids in the 8th grade thanks. Let's all take a big breath and mature. Ready go.

I also hate spelling and grammar errors. This popped up in the last one, but I truly hate it and I avoid them at all costs. I admit to falling prey to the spelling/grammar monsters and it makes me sad and just widens my Grammar Nazi wrath upon whosoever crosses my path next. Also, am I the only one who auto-corrects in my brain? Reading through someone's story thinking it's Their, not there you dumb little fuck. Oh god, I'm a bad person.

And I hate it if you can tell where the story's going in the first paragraph. Like, throw in some mystery. And you know, mystery doesn't mean love triangle. It can mean anything, really. Okay, throwing someone off and having the main character randomly fall in love with random person is all fine and dandy, but please don't make it obvious. I like to guess. I like to be held in suspense.

I'm not 13 anymore, I know a little something and if you aren't going to entertain me, I'm going to go find someone who can. Thank you.

So there was my little half rant. Comment with what you find just ridiculously annoying in stories and you know what? Go ahead and toss me a link to a story you think won't annoy my god damn face off. And I'll click on it if you'll be so kind as to read one of mine(:

And as a parting gift, for all you ladies who are in love with my Sammy as I am, have this link.
The Shrine of Jared Padalecki's Ass

And before we go, if you have any other things you want me to address, throw that in a comment, too. I won't feel bad if you don't, and I'll get really excited if you do.
April 11th, 2013 at 07:41am