Which way is the correct way?

We all need to get somewhere in life in order to feel accomplished, and of course in order to suffice our necessities.
Get a job, a career, or even small things like learning to play an instrument.
We all have goals, long-term or short-term. We have them, only some of us act upon them while others wait for everything to fall on their lap.
I've moved to this whole new place where you are expected to know what you want out of life before you leave high school. They make you choose an orientation, in order to finish high school and you can't go to a college that isn't specialized in that.
For my senior year, I decided to go with Engineering. I figured I liked computers and all relevant to technology so this will be a good way to go. But what if it's not?
I fear everyday that I made the incorrect choice, but I have no clue what the correct one is! How do I know? I don't want to work all my life making computers or something like that. I want to write.
The world of literature is where I belong and yet, I'm enclosed in a different world in which I don't belong because according to everyone surrounding me, you can't earn a living based off of books.
I beg to differ. I understand that being a published author isn't the safest way to go since you depend on readers, but I would love that.
Waking up in the morning knowing that I will be doing what I love, is just too perfect.

Anyone have any tips they would like to share? Something to help me out of this confusion?

sarahismeonly.blogspot.com <--- visit my other blog, if you have nothing to do :)
April 11th, 2013 at 07:35pm