The reason why I'm alive

Okay, so I'm really emotional right now. So with that in mind, let me start talking about my best friend, whom I met roughly three years ago. Around the middle end of 2010 I began to talk to this really nice girl called Keely. Now, Keely wore all black, spoke really loud and made me laugh, so I kept befriending her. We got along and we found out we had a lot in common. Then we discovered My Chemical Romance and it really brought us together. We were obsessed with Gerard, Frank, Ray and Mikey. We were talking about them all the time. Then somehow other bands got involved.

Sadly, a year later I moved away and, as you can guess, I was crushed. I spent the entire summer crying and listening to songs that reminded me of all my friends, not only Keely. When school began I hated everything and I just couldn't stop crying. My new friends didn't exactly fit in, either, so guys and girls in my class didn't treat me in the best of the ways. My life was chatting with my friends over the internet. I forgot a lot about my writing, too, and most of the things I started, I couldn't finish them. My life was hectic with bad grades, a disappointed family and some of my Belgium friends leaving me behind.

I still talked to her, when things were the worst in the world. And she always brought me up with her kind words and her encouraging comments. And we didn't do much,I mean, we only talked, and I didn't always think anything extreme, but I truly believe that she saved me. Things began to get gradually better at school, but I think I grew up, because my thoughts just kept rolling. And I reached a point in which I couldn't sleep at night because I was crying. And it wasn't because I missed my friends, though I did miss them, but because I hated the reflection on the mirror that stared back at me.

I hated everything about me. And it just kept getting worse. And I continued growing, changing group of friends, getting slightly better or worse grades, hearing more and more screams at home and discovering bands and artists. And I hated myself more the next day. And the next day more. And the next day more.

And she was there, the whole time, listening to me whining. And she stayed. And she talked. And she smiled for me. And she kept being my best friend in the whole entire world. And she saved me so many times from jumping out that I can't even count them even if I used my toes. We have both grown, we have both suffered, even though she's suffering the most. And even though she's suffering the most, she still has breath in her lungs for me. She does everything for me. If that isn't a best friend, I don't know what is.

We have made a lot of promises. Let's build a future together, yeah?. Or we'll create the bandits as soon as you come to the states, and everything will be fine.

it'll be okay.

it'll be fine.

i promise
.

And tomorrow, at twelve something, I'll be there to see her come to my home country and make everything much fucking better because that's what she does. She saved me, I saved her, we save each other from being eaten by our own thoughts and if that's what keeps our friendship and our hope going then I'm fine as hell with it. My way home is through her, through Keely, and I know just what to do to get back in her arms.

Ignore everything they throw at me and study the hell out of everything. With that, I have a Uni assured, and my mom will leave me alone. I'll get out the soonest I can. And I'll be free, and she'll be there for me, just like I'll be there for her tomorrow morning when she arrives.

I love you, Keely. You're the person I love the most in this world, and I hope you know that. There's no one I love more than you. You keep me alive, you keep me happy, you keep me being me. I love you. Forever and always.
April 11th, 2013 at 11:03pm