It Hits Home/Story/Favorite Part

So I wrote a story because of a challenge. I was to let people decide from 5 songs which one I would write from. The audience picked Five Days of Summer by Joe Brooks and at first, I was happy for it.

The song is beautiful and I had ideas up the caboose. So I went for it. I listened and I wrote.

I sit here now thinking, "How can I NOT relate this story to me?"

I have reasons why this story can't be compared to mine. Mine was 6 days of winter, this was 5 days of summer. He just met her and I knew him for 4 years prior.

I can't say that my ending could be happier. The boy I had my 6 days of winter with, he does live on the other side of the world and he does still talk to me, but can we really defeat something we aren't trying to fight. Does he even have feelings, it's hard to figure out after a drunk night and a sober one. It's hard to figure out how someone feels when they won't talk about it. Fine.

Really, I feel like Louis from my story In The Rain and because of my similar story, I think In The Rain became something better than I could have dreamed.

Yes, the story hit home, it hit passed home and into space. Because of the amount of heart I put into it, I can say I have a new favorite part of a story. I never had one and now, reading what I wrote, it makes my heart feel tingly and sends butterflies through me.

If you haven't read the story, do it now. Because these are the last few sentences of the story. This is the end.

My new favorite part to ANY story I've EVER written is:

The more I thought of her, the more I begged myself to do something. Despite that part of me that screamed, that told me to think logically. The closer to home I got, the more I missed her. The more I regretted standing on that boardwalk as she jogged away.

Realistically, I did the right thing. I was a singer song writer looking for a break and she was a photographer getting ready to ship off to school in some unknown state. Though our dreams could be paired side by side, there was no use in me holding her back or her holding me back. If fate had us planned for more, we’d meet again one day. But I knew, deep down I knew, I’d never see her face in person again. I’d never kiss her lips again. In time, I would be okay with that. But for now, as the plane slowly descended into London, I longed for her.

Tallulah showed me life, she showed me love, and she showed me more than I could ever share. I could never forget her, even without pictures, I could never forget her crooked smile or her golden green eyes. I’d always remember the freckles on her shoulders and back. The way she laughed and the way she said my name. She was something that would be burned into my brain forever.

Tallulah was my sun. The object that lit up the rainy days. And every time I find myself caught in a storm, I knew, I’d always remember those five days of summer.


Tallulah is my Sunni. (serious coincident xD) Maybe, just maybe, I'll see him again. But I don't know if I'll ever kiss him again or hug him or spend a night cuddling. I feel what Louis feels and fuck, I just want to hug the poor sap.

xx Bambi
April 13th, 2013 at 04:46pm