My [not so] Wonderful Love Life

So. No one knows this. Don't tell anyone.

There's this guy I've known since we were both like 5 or 6. Now we're juniors in High School and we attend the same school.

We used to go camping every summer because our parents were close friends. Then after half a dozen years we stopped seeing each other. For a few years. Then we went to the same high school and awkwardly said 'hi' in the hallways. Then after freshman year our families started camping in the summers together again.

We were pretty close over that summer, but we just hung out. Just friends. He was always a huge flirt, but we would just mess around. Just hang out and talk. Sophomore year he had like five girlfriends. We didn't talk much in school. We didn't have any classes together and we hardly saw each other. That summer we hung out more. He flirted more. I was pretty sure he just wanted to be friends because he always told me about this girl he liked. By the end of the summer they were dating. He stopped talking to me again when school started. We occasionally saw each other over the weekends though.

Junior year. This year. He was still dating that girl until a month ago. She broke up with him. Well, he texted me. He said he was single and was 'allowed' to flirt with me. I talked to him that night for four hours. Stayed up until 4 am.

He told me that he'd like me since we were little. I'm pretty sure I fell in love with the kid at this point. He asked me if I liked him and I said that i kind of did. Well that was good enough for him. He told me that this summer when we go camping that I have to kiss him. [I know. Who says that? This kid.] Want to know a secret? I've never really kissed anyone. Not for real. He kept calling me beautiful and sweetie and babe. I'm pretty sure I would have just married him had he proposed.

The next day at school the girl that had broken up with him came to one of my friends at lunch and explained to us how she hadn't broken up with him, but said she needed time to think about getting back together with him. She told me that one of her friends had come to her and told her that he was texting her all night after the school dance. My heart dropped. She said how he was flirting with her and telling her she was pretty and all this cute little stuff. He was playing me. I had told the kid I liked him. I told him so much personal stuff about myself. I felt embarrassed and used.

Later that week, she broke up with him because she heard he slept with one of his ex girlfriends a few weeks earlier. He had told me he was still a virgin. I wasn't sure what to think. I wanted to believe him more than anything.

I texted him and basically exploded at him. I asked him if everything we'd talked about that night was a lie. If it was all a game to him. He said no. But then he told me that he didn't have feelings for me and that he thought he wanted something different but he didn't anymore.

He came to me crying and begged me to help him fix things with his ex. I tried. I don't know why. I guess I liked him and I hated seeing him upset. It turns out that he did sleep with his ex while he was with this other girl. He said he didn't tell me because he was scared of what I would think.

Eventually the other girl just forgave him and they got back together. Everything was fine for like a month. Then she broke up with him on Monday. She was just done with his crap.

Then today she found out that he slept with his ex again. The day before she broke up with him. He says he didn't do it. But why believe him this time? His mom says he was home all of that day. I don't know what to think.

I still like him. He's all I could think about for these last months.

He's walking around the school looking miserable and I want to text him and talk to him.

But I don't know if I should.

This was a long post. Sorry. No one cares. Right?
April 16th, 2013 at 10:46pm