Korean Music Will be the Death of Me

I don't even know where this officially started. I've been listening to kpop for a good amount of time now. According to my blog on here I posted my SHINee discovery 'about a year ago' but I know it's been way longer than that. I think it started back in 2011. Anyway, my first year of kpop consisted of SHINee and nothing else. I wanted to be one of those dedicated fans, you know, and the only people who even helped me get into kpop were those on SHINee's international forum and myself. Needless to say... I was told that I should stick with my favorite group and that's it. I was a diehard Shawol and blinger and I was completely content with spazzing over Jonghyun and the others.

Fast forward a year and my best friend introduces me to INFINITE. Mind you, I was still trying to be my stubborn self. I was trying to push SHINee on her but she just wasn't having it. She begs me to stay up and watch a live stream of their concert. I agreed since I stay up anyway. Then in comes Dongwoo (the one on the left in blue)...

Image Image

To this day I don't know exactly what it was. He just drew my eyes to him in every little shot he was in. I remember yelling over IM asking who was the one with the big smile and couldn't sit still. So that's when I fell for him and ultimately INFINITE. I still stayed rather stubborn when it came to the groups I loved. I really did try to stick to only the two despite my best friend telling me I was acting ridiculous.

Over time I did start to branch out a bit. I would reblog photos of other groups and their members... but I still didn't really give groups a listen. I remember when Block B went through their scandal and Zico shaved his head and all of that. At that time I had no idea who Block B was. I reblogged support edits and such. The first thing I saw was Freeze! and it just... did not catch me at all. lol. Then I remember Fantastic Baby coming out (was it even around the same time as the scandal? idek) and it was everywhere on tumblr. So being the absolute stubborn person I was am, I decided not to listen to it. I'm not huge on the most popular things out there and seeing BOOM SHAKALAKA written everywhere just made it seem stupid to me. I did eventually look up the MV and I swear I was obsessed with it for the longest time. GDragon and the guys stole my heart, as stupid as it sounds.

Flash forward more and I'm listening to a good amount of groups. I start giving groups a try but I still avoided any rookie groups or anything that seemed blown out of proportion. *cough*EXO*cough*. SO THEN BLOCK B'S DAMN NILLILI MAMBO COMES OUT AND RUINS EVERYTHING. Some random person on my tumblr dash had a edit and I saw pirates so I clicked and... boom. I swear I watched the MV over 70 times in a row. The voices, the outfits, the everything just... speechless. lol. So I fell into my obsession state like I always do where I decided to download all their albums, watch all their shows and appearances and what not... which ended up leading me to B.A.P... specifically this particular member:

Image

It was the voice that did it. I actually didn't even know who B.A.P was until after I watched one of Yongguk's solo videos he had. Alright. It was I Remember and it was glorious okay? It's still my absolute video I've seen him in so far.

So... to get to the point... Zico and Yongguk have gotten me absolutely obsessed with the korean hip hop scene. If you can tell 95% of my biases in groups are always rappers because I just... there's something about them that hooks me. I can't help it. THEIR VOICES ARE JUST UNF OKAY? Now excuse me as I share more random stuff that gives me feels. Also, bless the poor souls that actually read through all of this. lmao

CYPHER - SBS Gayo Daejun - Dynamic Duo, Epik High, & Simon D
NOT IN STOCK - SNIPERSOUND
On To The Next One - SLEEQ
April 19th, 2013 at 01:46am