Now I get what Arabic/Muslim people mean by being profiled as terrorists.

I just woke up and decided to flip on the news. What do I see? That they had the suspects for Boston bombings in custody. One of them got killed, the other one escaped apparently. They had the one that escaped's picture on tv. I thought he was Arabic at first glanced. But then they said where he was from...

Russia. RUSSIA.

For those of you that don't know, I am half Russian. What, now are people gonna freak out every time a Russian comes near and will be like "OMG TERRORIST" because of this crap like they do to Arabics? And believe me, I've heard the terrorist thing about Arabs hundreds of times, mainly because most of them happen to live where I live. (btw, bomb threats at the schools aren't anything new around here) But it just kind of pissed me off about the whole Russian thing because now I feel like I'm gonna get profiled if I ever tell anyone that I'm Russian. I finally get what all my Arabic and Muslim friends tell me now. Because of one incident that people of your descent cause, your whole life is changed. This goes for any race.

Ugh. This just sucks. And I'm rambling on.
April 19th, 2013 at 06:14pm