My moment of terror

SO BEFORE I START I JUST NEED TO SAY THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN THIS SCARED IN AGES. OKAY. YOU GOT THAT? GOOD.

So my mum, step dad and youngest sister went out shopping at about 11, so it was just me and my other sister in the house. For about an hour, I played Skyrim and she made stuff on the computer. Then about 12 we had to move to give the kitten some lunch. We then decided to have a conversation at the top of the stairs so I sat down.

At the top of the stairs, there's this hole in the wall, it's about an inch wide and about two inches high. It's always been there and I hadn't taken much notice of it UNTIL TODAY. There was a red smear next to it. It wasn't there yesterday and it looked like blood.

I pointed it out to my sister, who joined me in a freak out. We then proceeded to walk up and down the stairs for like 10 minutes, where we found MORE blood smears on the wall. After, we sat at the top of the stairs again and tried to look inside. We couldn't see anything so my sister used the torch on her phone.

THEN SOMETHING MOVED.

I JUMPED BACKWARDS AND SCREAMED.

IT WAS A SPIDER.

I don't know why that little twat was sitting in the hole like that, it's little legs swinging around. It was probably laughing at us. It didn't explain the blood but for some reason we decided to think noting of it.

We thought it was over until we heard a freaking noise in the wall that sounded like a demon child dragging their fingernails along it. So we started freaking out again. We proceeded to pour salt into the hole and drew devils traps on post it notes and stuck them to the wall.

I had my Bobby Singers Guide to Demon Hunting on standby because it had a exorcism ritual in it, and we stared at this hole that was filled with salt and surrounded by post it notes with badly drawn devils traps on them until everyone else came back.

We promptly decided to remove the devils traps in case people thought that we needed to be committed, but we we were genuinely terrified.

Was that a over reaction?

Probably.

But we felt 100000x better.

Image
^the hole

Image
^what we did
April 20th, 2013 at 08:44pm