Mr. Peeves

Mr. Peeves, the Pet
Cheyenne Curran

The whole psychology of a pet peeve can be compared to a like and dislike list between a couple, for example: "I like the way your nose crinkles when you smile, but I absolutely hate when you don't put the toilette seat down." In general relationships of any kind be it a sensual or a family relationship, each brings about the manifestations of pet peeves.

In a house hold of four lives a mother, a father, two children who are a boy and a girl. The girl is the oldest among the two and is quite girly. Now the boy is the youngest and the most immature of the two, he plays in dirt and eats all the time. To make these matters worse is the fact that neither if them get along. You see, they were once close, but something changed as each grew older, the family household grew more tense. It was the fuming anger and negativity that engulfed the household. The fact of the matter is that each rooms across from one another leaving the bathroom smack dab in the middle of the hallways.

Now one would think that the bathroom would be considered the Netherlands as compared to the Axis and Allies powers. As the common dwelling for cleanliness and relief, it is far from a neutral territory in the Sibling Rivalry. The girl hopes to find solitude and relaxation without the mess of her brother making any sort if self indulgence nonexistent. With the toilette seat draped in tissue paper and sprinkled with urine, the girl is ultimately disgusted and furious.

It is a battle of wills, who out ranks the other, and some personal habits are revolting while other simple minorities. But this girl will not stand for a messy bathroom, this girl would rather be hung by her toes than witness the gruesome vileness of a male inhabited dump. So with a clench of her fists and eyes aglow she finds the filthy human and demands better bathing conditions.

He is a small, pale, ugly little creature with a snaggle-toothed grin and specked with hairy moles. He is among us, he thrives on the negativity that he brings to our sanity, he is by far the worst creature that has ever evolved. He is the parasite that we cannot repel, but worst if all his existence has materialized from our own subconscious. Each of us has one of these little monsters that have been adapted to exaggerate the things that upsets us most. He is the common pet-peeve.

As humans, we are all different, though a cliche phrase, it is true. But as humans we like and dislike very well and all. But there are these ticks that drive us utterly insane. We have no control of the environment around us, not to mention we can't control the anomalies that we create. It is our choice to acknowledge what disturbs us and what we chose to ignore. Pet-peeves are a figment of our emotions, they are like a biologically enhanced virus, we are the creators of this mega- virus and we ourselves have the power to create a cure (or in other words) eliminate it. However it is a fact that we as humans can't help the flaws that annoy others.
April 22nd, 2013 at 08:27pm