University in the UK? Yes please!

Mood: Excited and hopeful
Working On: Nothing at the moment.
Listening to: Army of Love by Kerli

I want to travel! Plain and simple. I want to see the world. I want to see it before it all disappears. I want to experience life and enjoy it to the max. I'm tired of living such a mundane and static life. I just want to live my life the way that pleases me.

Ever since I was little I've always enjoyed traveling. I love seeing new places and experiencing new things. I want to go on a road trip through America. I've already been to New York, Virginia, West Virginia, and every state in between, as well as Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia plenty of times, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, and Arizona. And now that I'm almost done with my AA, I want to travel even more.

At almost 20 years old I want to see the world. In high school I had my heart set on SCAD in Savannah, GA. The campus is absolutely beautiful. None of the buildings are new, they are all refurbished buildings to accommodate the school, which I love so much, but they don't have the degree program I want and not all of their degrees are accredited anymore. The sad part is that's the only school I've found so far in the US with a degree program remotely close to what I want, and even that's just in writing, but I want Creative Writing.

I was thinking about UCF, but now I'm not so sure and I need to figure this out quickly. I need to save money and start a fund for myself to get my bachelor's degree. I want to be an Editor, or maybe even a Freelance Writer, or maybe both. I want to write a novel some day, not for the money because that'd be a bonus, but for the experience. I want people to feel what I feel for the worlds I create. I also want to some day be able to walk into my mom's boss' office and tell them that she's done being their slave. She's not appreciated and I hate that so much. She's been loyal to that place for so damn long, you'd think she'd be a manager by now, but nope, she's not "good enough". That woman deserves a better life than that, and I want to give it to her as my way of saying thank you for the amazing life she's given me.

And the only way I can achieve my dreams and help her is by continuing my education. There's still so much for me to learn and I want to learn it. Right now I am looking through Universities in the UK. There's 9 on this list that have Creative Writing as an offered degree program. Going to the UK seems to me like an amazing way to experience life in another country and learn new things. Maybe there I'll actually learn the skills I'd need to be an Editor or Freelance Writer. Because apparently the FCAT is far more important in public schools than actually learning proper grammar what have you.

The reason I bring this up here is because I know a lot of you are from the UK and are possibly going to University there now as we speak. From your experience, do you think it would be a good idea to go to one in the UK? If you're from there and have met others from other countries that go to your school, do you know if they enjoy it? I know I'd need to do a lot of research on this before making a final decision, and this may just be a fleeting emotion, but I figured I'd start now before it's too late. I'd appreciate many opinions on this as well as pros and cons. Please&&thank you! :)
April 23rd, 2013 at 11:27pm