What do I do?....

I'm worried that I won't be able to get a job.. I'm 20, jobless, and living with my parents. Living with my parents doesn't bother me, but being jobless makes me a leach. I'm not contributing anything to help the family besides do the dishes, or clean the house, or small stuff like that. on top of that, I am a part of three bands: two concert bands, and a civil war reenactment brass band. the trouble there is gas. one of the concert bands is nearby, but the other two bands are nearly an hour drive each way. going to the rehearsal locations takes up around an eighth of a tank each way. With gas being as expensive as it is, my parents are blowing money away just so I can play my music. I love them so much for what they are doing for me, but am a burden to them financially speaking and is killing me inside that i cannot help them. but now, i'm afraid that it's probably music that isn't allowing me to get a job. When I'm asked the hours of the week i'm available for the week, I of course fill everything out except the times I rehearse. my mom pointed out to me that by doing this she thinks that it's because i'm so invested and committed to these bands that people don't want to hire me since i'm not available for three nights (in a row) a week. She suggested that next time I apply somewhere that i fill out the time sheet saying I'm available always and not mention anything about being in bands until I get an interview. the problem there is by doing that, it makes me look dishonest. Here I am applying, "Hi there! I'm available all the time! You should hire me!" then turning into a two-faced politician for the interview, " Well, actually about that.. I'm not available for this night, this night, and this night. aaannnnddd OH! on top of all that I won't be available a couple times a month to do the performances, and I don't know when those are off the top of my head... so yeah... you should hire me ;) " lying is not something I do because it makes me look like someone that can't be trusted. to compensate for the lack of time a week I have for a job, one of the bands I'm willing to drop after this next coming up concert but won't be happy about it, as for the other two, I can't even bear the thought of dropping. i'm a crucial part of the civil war band since I'm their only rope snare drummer and am needed dearly for parades and other things, the other concert band heavily relies on me playing the timpani... I cannot drop them. yet, with that in mind, that's what's keeping me from having a job... music is my life.. the only reason that kept me in public schooling was the music classes, and I scathed by in the academic classes just well enough to keep said music classes. but the thing I love most is holding me back.. it kills me inside knowing that.. and i'm in desperate need of a job.. I'm sorry for making this so long... I'll be gone now as I have nothing to say that i've already said in another form.. good afternoon, good evening, and good night.
April 24th, 2013 at 10:22am