Why do you sign up for contests...

So I've recently created my very first contest after entering a number of great competitions over the past four months. I understand it'd be a little tricky to pull in some entrants, especially since my mission is quite narrow and possibly not what you guys particularly like to write. However, I'm interested in finding out what draws you in.

Prizes? Or the inspiration to write?

I was chatting with another amazing author on Mibba TaraJanee - who I might add has also recently created her first contest - and she was commenting on the prizes she'd chosen. To be honest, I hadn't been too particular on the prizes since in my own experience, I had entered purely on the inspiration and mission that the author had provided me with. But it got me thinking. Which of you are influenced by the prizes for placement?

If you're interested: TaraJanee's competition is a Horror! competition. Basically you are free to write anything, as long as it has some form of horror in it. You can even write some romance into your story... just include a ghost or two ;)

My contest is completely opposite! Epic Love Story requires a beautiful story of incredible love. Whether it's forbidden and unattainable love, or even a story that could have Disney's UP on a run for its money. I just wanna read some mushy love!

On another note: I'm incredibly baby crazy right now! That's all I will say because I will ramble on, but with everything happening right now, I unfortunately cannot become impregnated. (Much to the disappointment of my sisters who desperately wish for a niece or nephew.)

Lest we Forget
April 25th, 2013 at 01:06pm