MY beliefs on religion...

Okay so before you read what I am about to say, I want to let you know that this is MY opinion and that I do respect YOUR opinions. I am not trying to offend anyone at all, I just feel the need to vent right now. So today in class, (I go to a catholic school) This kid & I were talking about religion. He said that I just believe in "black" church, (aka BAPTIST) and not what I was brought up to be. My original religion is the Catholic church, and don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful church as well as its sacraments and teachings, but I DO NOT believe in everything they teach. Once, I went to a baptist church with my best friend and it was the first time ever that I had actually felt God truly in my heart. I felt like crying. Being Mexican and saying that I want to be baptist to the Hispanic kids is a "sin" to them. This is where it turns kind of a racial debate, so if anyone reading this feels offended, I am sorry. The Mexican kids are not focusing on the religion, and on more of the race. They feel as if I'm choosing the black kids over them. First of all, I don't have that type of mindset. I don't choose anyone over anyone just like that. I choose who I feel is right or who I feel drawn too. Now back onto religion, I do not believe in everything that the Catholic church teaches. Like on same-sex marriage, we are supposed to tell people that this is wrong and be totally against it, but I don't believe that. I feel some people are born that way, and if God created us in his image, that is how he created one to be. Also God is a forgiving God, and if we are not supposed to judge, why do we prejudge someone on sexuality? Exactly. Or if with abortion. Yeah, I think it is sad and all, but a woman can decide for herself. As long as the law agrees with her choices, it is her decision. You should not judge someone because you do not know her circumstances or belief. I'm just saying. These are just two of the things I disagree with. Please respect my opinion/beliefs.
April 25th, 2013 at 05:29pm