Breaking myself from Fan Fiction

You all probably think I'm insane just from the title of this.

I've been writing fan fiction for around two or three years now. But lately I feel weird about it. Because it's not the type of fanfic for anime or video game characters, no. It's always been about real life people (Avenged Sevenfold members).

And thinking of what I write about them -completely random stuff that would never actually happen in a million years- has just became weird to me all the sudden.

It becoming weird to me is a problem though because I can't stop just yet because as a lot of you already know I have quite a few unfinished stories that I HAVE to get done for myself and mainly for my readers.

That's not the only problem..

I enjoy writing. And I can usually come up with some pretty interesting story lines/plots. But I feel like if I was to start posting just regular fiction my stories won't get as many readers. Because when writing about Avenged I already have a fan base that will want to read them.

Not saying that original fiction doesn't get any attention. I just feel as if a lot of my stories right now get a decent amount of readers because they're never your typical Avenged Sevenfold fan fiction story so people tend to want to read them more as apposed to a story about Zacky Vengeance and Synyster Gates hooking up in a hotel room after a show.

So pretty much I want to stop the fanfic writing (after I end my ongoing fics) and start writing original fiction because I don't want to cut out my writing completely. But I'm scared to.

Thoughts, anyone? Has any of you ever felt this way?.. or something?...
April 26th, 2013 at 02:48am