Some things I want my readers to know.

Well, I guess I'm going to be like every other Writer and give you guys some excuses to why I haven't been updating on my stories. Cliche? Sure. I just really would like my readers to know why sometimes I can't update.

For starters, my mom is a juvenile Diabetic and a kidney transplant. She became a kidney transplant about a few years after she had me. Her having a second kid put pressure on her kidney and they warned her that she could become a kidney transplant by having me, but she didn't care. She wanted to have two kids. So she ended up becoming a kidney transplant and she was put on kidney dialysis until a kidney became available for her. She was barely on it for a year and she got a transplant. Everything worked out good, right? Wrong.

Through the course of about 11 years, she's probably had over 40 surgeries and that's putting it lightly. Anything that you could have surgery for, most likely, she's had it. The reason why is, because as her kidney transplant started to fade over the years, her immune system went with it. She's had 3 toes amputated(gross I know), but honestly you can't even tell, because she has tiny toes.

In 2005 or 2006, she almost had another kidney transplant, but it was with a pancreas this time, which would make her not have to take insulin anymore for her diabetes, but she didn't get it. Only because the hospital she went to, they gave her a medication before the surgery that she was allergic to. During the surgery, she pretty much had a seizure on the operating table and they didn't she would make it. That's probably one of the worst nights of my entire life.

Her being the energizer bunny that she is, pulled through, and woke up the next morning. Although she didn't get the transplants, she was happy she was okay. Sadly, because she has no immune system, she got an infection in her her stomach, from the surgery. She was put on a wound vac for 6 months, and it healed up nicely.

There are tons of other stuff that she's been through, but those ones are the major ones. Not even about 2 years ago, her kidney went again. She was put back on kidney dialysis and she currently still is. She's almost had a kidney through the 2 years, but over the years, she's had a lot of blood transfusions, making it extremely hard for her to get a kidney, because she has a lot of antigens in her blood.

Now, she got an infection on the heel of her foot, so she can't walk on it. She has a skin graft on it and every night I have to change the bandage. At my house, I pretty much take care of her, but she does a lot, too, because she's so stubborn. She has a wheel chair, so she's not doing anything that would put her at risk.

So, finally, I have to say that if I can't get the chance to update my stories, it's usually because I'm helping her or I'm taking care of the house. Just yesterday, my Mom asked me, "Have you been updating on your stories?" I said, "No, I've been busy."

She told me, "Well, tomorrow(today), you better update, your "peeps" are probably wondering where you're at." I just laughed and smiled, because she loves that I write stories. So, today I'm following through with her wishes and I'm going to try and update on all of my stories. =)

This blog was made, because I wanted everyone to know my situation.

-xShadowsSwag
April 27th, 2013 at 12:04pm