A Writer's Doubts

Hi all

Asteria here and lately I have been in a depressed and frustrated mood. With the new release of the improved A Parade of Intoxication now with three chapters (posted in 5 segments due to length) I grow concerned. When I started the improved version of APOI I saw a lot of flaws in the old and I knew I wanted to fix those flaws and make the story more adult.
As I look to my heroes in adult paranormal romances I understand APOI is far longer than your average 300-500 paged paperback novel. However I also understood that aside form the fact I have a lot of plots and twists in APOI that my heroes such as Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lara Adrian and Gena Showalter have begun their stories by getting straight to the point and have provided an adult in an adult context. For example Kenyon's Night Play involves the adult female character Bride McTierney who works at a local business and just got recently dumped by her partner of five years.

My worry is that my character Eliza although maybe of an adult age; she is not in an adult context living as an adult and the first few chapters are quite long winded in her point of view. And these worries have progressed unfortunately to concerns about the school context and other factors to the point I have even began writing a new version of APOI with Eliza as an independent adult in a adult context.

So here is what I am asking my wonderful readers; should I start anew?

I am thinking that in order to properly give my dutiful readers the means to have an informed choice I could post the two versions side by side, just a couple of chapters and let the majority vote speak for itself. From which version you like better, what excites, what you think works best, etc.

Happy reading
Asteria
April 28th, 2013 at 04:36pm