A Few Tips On Writer's Block

So.... Hellooooow Fellow Mibbians!
Detts speaking! Today I am going to give a few pointers on Writer's Block. Now, I just hope this is in the right section of Mibba and that I don't have to figure out how to make a tutorial... So... Help. Me.

Oh well.

The first step of overcoming Writer's Block is understanding what it is... er.. at least a few different views of it. One way that I describe Writer's Block is a feeling. Its what your mind feels when it's over-whelmed or confused. It's almost nerve wracking, actually. It's like you're staring at a perfectly good piece of paper, yet you can't get your brain to work. Or your hands. Kind of like me in maths class...

Well, that's one way of viewing it. The other is a state of mind. Kind of in the same way, but a little more different. I really home this makes sense.

But anyway, now for the point of this blog: tips on how to stop Writer's Block. I've found a few of these things myself, and a few other people gave me as tips, so... yeah. I hope they help.

1.) Jump to the action/other parts of the story first.
Yeah, you may have to put the story in order after you write all of it, but it'll be worth not
forgetting the parts that you know you have an idea of rather than wasting your time trying to
figure out a scene and getting no where.

2.) Carry a notebook.
I know that this can't really... cure Writer's Block, but you can at least carry a
notebook with you so that when you do get an idea, you wont forget it. It doesn't need to
even be a notebook. It could be a phone, a pen and your hand, or even a type writer! Whatever
works.

3.) Look for inspiration in EVERYTHING!
I know that this one's overused, but it does help, and it is true. If your looking out the window in
class and you see a tree that looks epic, or scary, or awesome, write about it! If you don't use it
in the story you're stuck on, then you can at least use it in a different story. And if you don't get
anything to form a new story, then frame it and hang it on the wall, or throw it in a box for later.
You'll figure it out.

Well, three tips, too short. I know. But this is all I can type for now. Maybe I'll do a second or third part to this blog entry later, depending on what kind of feedback I get. Because I do have more tips, if you want to hear them. So, yeah. Tell me.

Have a awesome day/night/whatever an d keep writing!
-<3 Detts
April 30th, 2013 at 03:36am