Just some sentimental nonsense.

So, this last year has been an adventure to say the least. I spent a lot of time wandering and getting lost. My 2012 was full of adventures and misadventures. I tried to figure out who I am, where I'm going, and where I've been. And I think I've come to realize that I know where I've been and I know who I am, I just have to learn to accept it the best I can. I have to get my priorities straightened out, figure out what I need to do to get from point A to point B and actually put in the work.

That's always the hardest part of everything, isn't it? Actually putting in the work? We're flawed by design, we want and we want and we want, but only a handful of us have it in them to go and get it. I am not one of those people. I am not ambitious in the least. I bitch and I moan, and I want and I want and I want but I never actually do anything to get there. I'm trying to change this, desperately. I'm at that point in my life where everything I do within the next few years will effect the rest of my life.

It's crazy, and it's frightening, but it's exhilarating. I'm going to make the best of it. I spent too much of this year cooped up in the hospital or my bedroom, and that's not how I want things to be, at all. So, I've made a come back, and I'm extremely happy about it. I'm going to write until I don't have any words left, play guitar until my fingers fall off, I'm going to sing until I lose my voice. Because that's the only way I'll get any better and inch any closer to the things that I want out of life.

Much like Thoreau in Walden, I want to live deliberately. I don't want to find that I have not lived. And I know, I probably sound like a pretentious ass or a hipster just quoting famous dead guys, but he was absolutely right. I want to suck the marrow out of life, and I hope that I won't be the only one enjoying my journey.

I've missed Mibba more than I can even begin to explain, and things have changed, and sometimes I'm awful with change, but I think this was for the best. I'll be around guys, I love you all.
April 30th, 2013 at 06:52am