Christmas in May?

Just when you think life is starting to get stressful, good things to come around and hard work does pay off. Today was a much needed day emotionally for me after what happened the other day.

I'd been talking to a guy friend of mine, and we'd been seriously talking about dating. Well turns out, he's also talking to another girl he failed to tell me about, and he decides to go and send her flowers. She tagged him in a picture of her and said flowers on Facebook, so it popped up in my news feed. Really? Gorgeous flowers? After telling me how badly you wanted to be with me? Where the fuck are my flowers? It's whatever, I'm over it. I have much better things to worry about...like the freaking home I'm buying!!!!!!!

A couple weeks ago I came across this manufactured home community. Very cute, very quaint. A week after that I worked so my parents went and looked at a couple and told me about two. I went and looked at the two the following Thursday because I had gotten off work at a good time to go. I absolutely fell in love with the double wide I looked at. Went back last Saturday to look again. The seller was asking $49,000 for it, and I put in an offer of $45,000, not expecting it to be accepted. I got a call on Sunday that it was!!! Talked to the bank yesterday about loans and financing and so they could run my credit. I got approved for the loan!!! I'M GOING TO BE A FREAKING HOMEOWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I spent half of today on showsite at work, revelling in the fact that I was going to be a homeowner. Went back to the shop after load-in to get my paycheck and to double dip and grab some hours. I noticed that the envelope had felt a bit thicker than normal. One week ago I hit my year mark and asked if it was possible to get a raise. I expected like a $.50 raise that wouldn't take effect for a few weeks. I opened my check and the first thing I came across was a highlighted portion. I GOT A $2 FUCKING RAISE!!!!!!!!!! I nearly collapsed and cried out of sheer happiness.

Today has just been like fucking Christmas for me and it was definitely needed after what that asshole guy did to me the other day.

I apologize for all the swearing also. Hahahaha I swear when I'm excited too. =P
May 3rd, 2013 at 05:01am