Why did it take me so long to finally watch death note?

ok so i consider myself a anime/manga fan, and pretty diverse when it comes to genres. I can watch fruit basket one moment and go to watching Btooom the next moment. So i think my range is kind of board.

So with that being said, i have ran across death note before because hey it is a old ass anime! i ran into in the back-back days when i had a huge collection of shonen jump books.

Remember these?
Image

well anyways i remember when death note had first reached shonen jump and i read only the first chapter and decided it was too boring for my taste.

Image

Wait dont kill me yet!!!

So...I ran into it again a few years later and i watched the first episode and still didn't like it. Maybe it was because light was still to good or maybe ryuk didn't say anything funny? L didn't show up but all i know was that it still did not interest me. Until now that is.

My friend had brought up death note in a recent converstation and she basically almost killed me when i said i never saw it, so i decided to download it for when i got bored ill at least have something to past the time with.

Let's just say i made it pass the first episode and....well....i fell in love.

Image

This anime was one of the best animes i have ever watched. I think i completed it in like two days, that's how serious it was. I personally leaned more towards light than L but regardless of whatever team i picked the shit was AWESOME. I wanted to seriously smack myself for not seeing it earlier in my life.
May 3rd, 2013 at 08:10pm