Not Liking My Options

So I figured instead of just screaming profanities to myself and other people, I should let out my anger in a different sort of way. I'll try to make this less of a rant about a specific thing and more of a general realization kind of thing. Hopefully, I'll accomplish that.
Some people don't think about what they do or say before they do it. They don't realize whatever they said or what they did hurts other people.
I've been on the receiving end of that situation today twice and I really let it get to me. I know that I shouldn't have, but everything has been kind of bad as of late and I guess that reason has made me kind of susceptible.
There are also points and times where you feel like people are angry at you for no apparent reason and it just seems they're just looking for a good reason to be mad at you and get rid of you. That experience really hurts as well. It's been a frequent feeling lately for me.
And then there's the part when they act like everything's fine and you're the one who feels bad, not them.
That is where the anger comes in.
Right at this moment is where I'm thinking, "I should just drop this person. They're obviously making me feel bad, just let them go. My number one priority should be myself and how I'm treated."
My problem is that I know I live in a world full of people of different kinds. I can't just value myself over everyone else all the time. I care too much about other people to always put myself first.
I'll feel bad if I let this person go and they were at a bad time in there life. It's times like that where you need a friend the most, you know? This person has only been like this lately, I'm kind of worried that there might something wrong that I don't know about.
On the other hand, they're not being a friend to me by treating me in this way. Why should I be a friend to someone who doesn't treat me like one? I don't want to wait around for it to get worse.
I feel like I have two options here, but I'm not sure if I'll like the outcome of either. I may wait it out for a bit longer to see what happens and then make my decision, just to be sure.
May 5th, 2013 at 10:20am