best day of my life

on April 30th, 2013, i went to my very first concert. it was The Don’t Pray For Us Tour with Asking Alexandria, Whitechapel, Motionless In White, Chimaira, I Killed The Prom Queen, and Deleo. i was most excited to see Motionless, my best friend was most excited to see Asking.

my oldest brother who is 26, took us, along with his girlfriend and friend. we got there maybe an hour early and there were two lines of people filing out of the building and i immediately thought, “holy shit.” being Alabama, i didn’t think there would be that many people there. definitely more than i thought. we had will call tickets so we walked in and they marked our name off of the list so we could go through. my heart was already racing. i was going to see my heroes tonight. i was going to see Motionless In White singing my favorite songs. i was beyond excited, and nervous because it was my first time at a place like this.

the doors opened and everyone ran inside. including my best friend and i. my brother and them went to the back. we were pretty close to the stage. we were like the second row of people. i never would have thought we would have been so close. but we were. we waited and waited for it to start. finally, Deleo came out and preformed. they were really good live. they only preformed about five songs at the most and just within that small amount of time, there were like four mosh pits that were really close to us. pushing and shoving, it was awesome.

IKTPQ and Chimaira went on after that and it was amazing. Chimaira was really fucking good. it was really fun, but i was just ready for Motionless, you know? time passed for those two sets and finally.. they were preparing the stage for Motionless next. my heart was pounding and i was on the verge of tears. the band who have helped me through so much, i was about to see. right in front of eyes. excited was an understatement. it was unreal. it felt like i was dreaming.

Motionless started walking out on stage and the whole crowd was screaming at the top of their lungs, definitely including me. fog was everywhere and you could hardly see a thing and they started playing the beginning of Devil’s Night and Chris still wasn’t on stage. but sure enough, he runs out and screams “JUMP!!” and the whole crowd is jumping and screaming. it was perfect! and by then, i was pretty much crying. i wanted to see Balz but it was hard since he was all the way at the other end of the stage. when he sang the part in A-M-E-R-I-C-A, i don’t think i have ever screamed so loudly in my life. singing along with my favorite band, the band who have pretty much saved my life, was amazing. i was screaming every word to every song through the whole set. at one point Chris touched my hand. and i looked at my best friend and she was screaming, ha. later on in the set, Chris looked at me and pointed and i had the biggest smile on my face. i know i keep saying it was amazing, but it really was. they played the rest of the set and i kept on head banging and smiling. Devin spit his water on us three times. and Ryan did once, hah. it was the best set.

after Motionless, people from the very front left and my best friend and i got in the front. like, against the stage. and here comes Whitechapel. the most brutal band there. i was nervous and excited for them. the opened with my favorite song by them, I, Dementia. it was crazy! they did the wall of death during their set and that was probably the coolest thing. i didn’t take part in it, but it was still awesome. the played and i probably head banged the most in that set. it was just intense.

and after Whitechapel, we all know who comes next. Asking Alexandria. and i’ve been a fan of them since like, fifth or sixth grade. so seeing them was a fucking dream. my best friend was so so happy, as i was. i just think Motionless takes the spot for my number one. it took forever to set up their set because they were trying to hook up the wireless stuff and it kept messing up. they finally got it, though. at last.

they started playing Welcome and of course, they were all on stage except Danny. but he came out right before he had to scream the end of Welcome and the crowd went WILD. their set was flawless and Ben Bruce sweat on me. i touched Danny and Sam’s leg. it was weird to do, but you know. Cameron, Sam, and Ben kept running around and switching sides, playing guitar. it was amazing! i knew every word to all of the songs i have listened to since i was like, eleven. knowing a band for so long and finally seeing them right in front of your face is astounding. i couldn’t believe anything. it was just so insane. i loved every minute of it. they were going to play Morte Et Dabo but it wouldn’t work or something. but they played The Final Episode for their last song. everyone was screaming “one more song!” and Danny was like, “you guys are going to get me in trouble..” haha, it was cute. but some guy came out and told him they had to be off stage i’m assuming by 12 because they didn’t leave until like, 11:57. ha.

after the concert, i went to the merch booths and got a Motionless shirt, signed poster, and bracelet. aw, and their merch girl was such a sweetheart. i also bought an Asking necklace. and i got Whitechapel’s guitar pick and my friend got Sam from Asking’s bass pick. by the time we left, i was so thirsty and my head was pounding and i didn’t want to eat or i thought i would have puked.

all in all, this was definitely the best night of my life.
May 5th, 2013 at 07:28pm