Lyrics That Mean Something (A7X)

Rae again! I am learning to really enjoy writing blogs. (It's my love for talking showing through.) So I decided to write one dedicated to my favorite men. I could hands down listen to Avenged all day, everyday and have no problems with that, and most days that is all I listen to. So I thought maybe I would share my favorite songs from each album and then also the lyrics I find that I relate to the most and/or enjoy the most. I will add in my own little disclaimer here and say that I absolutely love every song of theirs but if I had to choose these would be the favorites. I also want to note that sometimes when I relate to lyrics it may not mean the same thing that they are trying to get across. That being said I would love if everyone reading this would comment some of their favorite lyrics from Avenged.

Album: Sounding the Seventh Trumpet
Favorite Song: Warmness on the Soul
Lyrics:

"I'll never feel alone again with you by my side
You're the one and in you I confide"

To me these lyrics are just so relevant...

Album:Waking the Fallen
Favorite Songs: Chapter Four, Second Heartbeat. Unholy Confessions
Lyrics:

"As time passes by
Regrets for the rest of my life
The ones who I confide
Were gone in the black of the night" From Second Heartbeat

I think anyone can relate to losing or drifting apart from friends that meant so much to them.

"Confided in me was your heart,
I know it's hurting you, but it's killing me" From Unholy Confessions

When I hear these lyrics I honestly think of everything going on with my husband right now. I understand he is hurting, but everything he is putting me through is literally killing me.

Album: City of Evil
Favorite Songs: Wicked End, Strength of the World, Trash and Scattered, Seize the Day
Lyrics:

"Walls are falling, churches burning
Women ravaged, children crying
Flesh is tearing, some still fighting
In this world of misery" From Wicked End

Honestly, this is just my favorite part of the song, haha.

"Seize the day or die
Regretting the time you lost" From Seize The Day

Every single person can relate to these lyrics...no need for me to explain.

"I'd do anything for a smile" Also from Seize The Day

Honestly, this is just another one of those relevant lines.

"Strength of the world is on my shoulders
Strength of the world is on my side" From Strength of the World

"And my body's trashed and low
But to you I'll never show myself or what's inside" From Trashed and Scattered

Another line I can relate to not only my husband, but many people in my life. I have hidden away so much of myself from everyone that I am just now finally figuring out who I really am.

Album: Avenged Sevenfold (hardest album for me to pick just a few favorites)
Favorite Songs: Critical Acclaim, Scream, Unbound, A Little Piece of Heaven, Dear God
Lyrics:

"(Quiet, might piss somebody off)
Like me motherfucker you’ve been at it for too long
While you feed off all those insecurities
You stand in front of me and bite the hand that feeds" From Critical Acclaim

Besides the fact that Matt sounds sexy as hell, this is exactly how I feel with everything going on with my husband. I finally have a voice and I am using it now.

"Scream 'til there's silence
Scream while there's life left vanishing
Scream from the pleasure
Unmask your desire, perishing" From Scream

Can I relate to these lyrics, per say? No...but I love them :)

"So out of place don't wanna stay
I feel wrong and that's my sign
I've made up my mind" From Afterlife

Exactly why I am ending my marriage. This is literally how it feels to me.

As for 'A Little Piece of Heaven' I could just post the entire song for my favorite lyrics. I think the story they tell throughout this song is pure genius and it is easily a favorite out of all the albums. I just, I have no other words to describe it other than perfection.

"Dear God, the only thing I ask of You
Is to hold her when I'm not around, when I'm much too far away
We all need the person who can be true to you" From Dear God

So relevant...I love this entire song. Who hasn't been out of reach from someone important at one point or another?

Album: Diamonds in the Rough
Favorite Songs: Demons, Until the End, Girl I Know
Lyrics:

"Don't change the way you think of me
We're from the same story
Life moves on, can't stay the same
But some of us, some worry" From Until the End

With all the changes I am making in my life right now I am terrified that the people who mean the most to me will no longer accept me. I can't handle being disliked by anyone, let alone people who mean the world to me.

"We've all been more than eager to sin
And it feels alright, 'til we pay the price
Now you choose, either naughty or nice
'Cause she’s here for you, it's all yours tonight" From Girl I Know

Love, love, love these lyrics. My reasoning? I have no clue but I just do haha.

Album: Nightmare (So hard for me to choose lyrics wise from this album...all I can think about when listening to this album is Jimmy and the pain the rest of the guys went through)
Favorite Songs: Fiction, Save Me, Victim, So Far Away
Lyrics:

"Not that I could or that I would
Let it burn under my skin, let it burn" From Fiction

Lets be honest, Jimmy's voice is just chilling in this song. I find myself listening to this song over and over just so I can hear his voice. That being said, the entire song is perfection. Every single word holds so much meaning.

"Save me, I'm losing my only dream
Save me, I can use some guiding light" From Save Me

Another one of those songs that the entire song is written to perfection (aren't all of their songs like that?)

"Nothing is harder than to wake up all alone
Realize it's not okay, it's the end of all you know" From Victim

I am terrified of being alone, losing everyone that matters to me.

"I have so much to say but you're so far away" From So Far Away

I think everyone has lost someone that they wish they had the chance to say how they feel, say the things they never got to. It's depressing to have to hold that in, fearing they will never know how you felt.

Okay so I think I am going to stop there, for now. Please, please comment some of your thoughts and favorite lyrics or songs and why. It would mean the world to me :)

You know what else would mean the world to me? If everyone would go check out my friend, Stephanie's, contest. It's an A7X contest that deals with celebrity pairings. Check it out, HERE, and enter. And once you have entered her contest, take a stroll over to her stories...they are amazing and her attention to detail is outstanding (I'm so jealous). She just finished a story called Faded Into the Background, which was awesome and is just starting a Zacky one called Make You Jealous, which is so freakin good!

I hope everyone has a fantabulous night! Thank you for reading another one of my ramblings!
Rae
May 6th, 2013 at 04:10am