Story update: Beast

So, the best thing happened this past weekend. Currently, my mom doesn’t have internet at her place, leaving me with two options during the wee hours of the night on the weekends, sims 3 or writing. When I say “writing” it usually results in me staring at a blank word document for an hour, not accomplishing anything, hah. That is besides the point though.

Suddenly at 4AM Saturday morning, this massive amount of inspiration just appeared out of thin air! I’ve been contemplating re-writing Beast for quite some time, for the sole fact that I’m incredibly unhappy with the way it has turned out; it’s sloppy and just “meh” worthy. Of course let’s not forget the fact that I’m terribly anal about everything.

I can’t even explain how happy I am though. I’m so excited because I’ve been stuck in this terrible rut for months where I just could not write for the life of me. It sucked. I have to say, these past eight months have been terrible and hectic and overall a general cluster fuck. I refuse to talk about them for the most part because I’m unbelievably bitter and resentful. I’m not going to talk about it anymore, considering I can’t even figure where I’d start, so moving on.

Now I have all this inspiration for Beast and I’m going to start working on rewriting it as soon as possible.

As for what’s going to happen regarding the rewrite. I’ll be re-writing the summary shortly. I am going to be deleting every chapter and I will be changing things and the chapters will be completely new (because in my opinion, I can’t fix it by simply “editing” it, it has to be completely reworked). However, I will not change the lead female character’s name. I thought about it, but ultimately I’ve decided against it. I enjoy the name Avery too much to change it. That’s the one thing I will guarantee won’t change.

And yeah, that’s about it. I’m not going to tell you guys everything yet, because I'm still tweaking it.

I also would like to say thank you to all my readers and subscribers for sticking by me and forgiving me when I take months to update, lol. It’s been a pretty amazing four years on this site, even though this last year hasn’t been so great.

That’s all for now. :D
May 8th, 2013 at 02:17am