Success!

I've had this unhealthy nail biting habit for quite a long time and it's been very hard to get rid of, but I think I've finally kicked it.
I had tried so many ways to get rid of it, but I always seemed to get rid back into it when I was bored, nervous, or upset.
I don't even remember when I started doing it because it was that long ago.
I had tried painting my nails, applying germ-x whenever I felt like chewing my nails, but all those things stopped working after a while.
I finally had set a small goal of not chewing at least my thumbnails in January and moved up the goal once I succeeded in growing the designated nails pretty long. I had originally been growing them out for prom, but now I really don't even feel like chewing them anymore.
So I'm feeling pretty successful about that.

Another thing I consider to be a success would be the fact that I have now passed all seven of the state tests we're required to take even though I only needed to pass four to get a diploma. I was so close to failing two of them, but got advanced in all the others so I'm not sure what that says about me. I'm not going to dwell on that part.
I'm going to allow myself to bask in my successes for a bit longer because I needed a mood improvement and this seems to be working for me.
So a gold star for me!
May 8th, 2013 at 08:56am