Seriously?!

Ugh. I just need to rant a little.

Today started out pretty well. I was excited because it's a rehearsal day and generally those are pretty fun. And for the most part it was a pretty good day. I chatted with one of the other actors before rehearsal while she practiced for a piano recital and then we went over to the rehearsal and met up with everyone.

From there we went over to the goodwill to find props and costume stuff. That went well, but I was driving the student director over to the McDonalds and happened to mention that I was switching my major to Theatre. At first she was very excited about it then she asked what I was thinking of doing. Right now I don't really know. I've only been introduce to this through the One-Act I'm in and the Acting Vocal class I'm taking. Both have been really fun. So I tell her this and she says, "You're a little quiet for acting."

I was actually pretty offended because the way she said it made it sound like I wasn't good because I was quiet. Just. Seriously??! I can fix the volume level. That's something that can be changed with a little experience, but right now... I've never even tried to be in or get involved in a play and it's like, I don't know how loud I need to be.

Can I please just smack this girl over the head? I mean, honestly. The girl she has playing the part of Rosa has been monotone through every read-through and she has a shit tone of lines. It's like are you joking, she's better because she's louder? I can learn to be louder for the stage. Dear lord. I just don't understand.

Like I'm sure she didn't mean it the way it came off and stuff, but it was still just kinda rude. She doesn't even know me. If she knew me she'd know how loud I can be and she would know that I can fix the quiet problem with a little practice.

I just can't even with that. It's not that I'm not quiet, 'cause I am. It's just I can be louder and I hate that I've been underestimated. It just makes me want to prove people wrong. I mean seriously, I just go it the "Fuck you" mode and want to be the best at what ever they said I wasn't good enough for. Now I kinda want to become some famous stage actress just to toss her a "Fuck you" and prove that being a quiet person doesn't mean I can't be who I want.

Leave your thoughts in the comment box.
May 9th, 2013 at 12:48am