First brush with danger WP001-(From a diferent perspective)

My first brush with danger? I know many will feel I am going off the mark here but I respond to what I read. How many people actually remember that? Honestly I can't remember my first brush with danger unless I didn't come across any dangers until my memory formed I wouldn't be able to. What you're trying to get people to talk are the dangers they comprehend. But it's the ones that we don't recognize that pose more of a danger to us, because we missed them. I'm sure I came across many dangers that my parents protected me from. I do, however, remember the first brush with danger my daughter came across although I'm sure she doesn't. When she was about two years old while we were walking to a local store she decided to dart away from me and run across the street. She was lucky she ran fast enough to avoid being hit by a car. When I caught up with her my emotions got the better of me. I smacked her bottom and screamed at her "Never EVER do that again". At the time I felt guilty for reacting that strongly. Her first brush with danger coincided with my first brush with true fear, hence my response when I caught up with her. I don't regret my reactions now, she never did that again.
May 9th, 2013 at 05:57am