Question about racism in stories (Please comment)

SO I was thinking of writing a new story. Slavery based. Might do it in the future but will certainly do it. Anyway, as I was thinking of writing it, there are certain offensive racist words I was going to put in, but at the same time, I don't know if that's allowed or not. Personally I feel it is okay for me to write nigga, because I'm black and I pratically use it in my day to day language when talking to black people and a few of my really close white friends.
However, there is the problem with like the "c" word for white people. I know in some films black people say it, but I don't know if it is fine for me to write it, according to the mibba terms and conditions.
Furthermore, I never even use the word to begin with, so it got me thinking that would it actually be right to write about it. I know a lot of people fume at stuff like that and I was thinking to stay safe, let me not use it, but I kind of want some authenticity.
I have read many homosexual stories on the website and many people use offensive words like "fag" and stuff, which got me thinking this won't be that much of a difference would it?
Anyways, the question I really want to ask is that what do you guys think and how do you feel about it. I know I would be okay if a white person was writing a story and used the word "nigga" if necessary and as long as they don't abuse it. But I know a lot of black people who would certainly be offended it.

So please leave some comments on what you think and feel, also no rude comments, I will not stand for it. Thank you for reading :)
May 9th, 2013 at 01:29pm